1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Get it checked outside probably 3-400 as its off seasons of now

Dont get it repaired , just u ll get to know the fault e.g Bosch service Center
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Its leak some where.
  3. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did they open up the dashboard and check for the cooling coil . There could be a leakage there somewhere if an initial check on pipes doesn't suggest a leak. If they do check the cooiling coil you might have to leave the car for 3 to 4 days wid them. But better get it checked i woul dsuggest.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Since you mention the AC gas, the suspect seems to be the O ring. Was this replaced and checked? Kindly provide more details as to what all was done until now in trying to fix the AC.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Ask them to check leak with nitrogen although it fails to detect small leakages but large leakage can be detected.
  6. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    I too faced a similar issue in jan first week in my ER 90HP which has done just 17k kms. Got it checked at Fass in Kerala and they said that there is some minor leak somewhere due to which the Gas level has gonedown by 100 Gms. They said it will take some time to identify the leak and said filling the gas will fix this issue for another 8-9 months. So I didnt get it checked and the AC Gas was topped up by 98 grams and they charged around 600 rs for that.
  7. AshithK

AshithK Novizio

Bangalore
    Guys, I have problem with my Steering control and stereo (head unit); I am only able to play songs (infact only listen) in the CD, I am not able eject the CD nor I am able to switch the source to FM /Radio. The Blue n Works fine, but the steering mounted controls (source change, volume increase/decrease, change track/fm station) associated with HeadUnit doesnt respond at all. I tried removing the -ve terminal for 30mins and I also updated blue n me for the latest version 6, but nothing is helping me solve the issues. No head unit buttons are working, expect the start /stop and volume control. Please assist me solve this issue.

I am having a 2009 linea emotion pk MJD.

High Regards,
  8. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Punto ACC giving trouble for the second time.

Hi I own a pre-worshipped Punto 90 HP 2011 model which has done 19949 kms till date. I got this car in the month of November 2013 and within 5 months of ownership, I have face issues with its AC twice. Unfortunately both times it happened on long journeys that too in the hottest places of south which made matter real worst.

First time it happened in Jan 2014 when we were going to our native in kerala which is about 614 kms from chennai. When we were nearing coimbatore felt AC to be ineffective and the heat inside the cabin was getting unbearable due to which we had to proceed further with windows open. Later when I took it to the FASS in thrissur, they told me that the GAS level is low in the compressor and they did a top up after which AC felt back to normal. I though that since its a 2 year old vehicle 95 gms of AC gas reduction is normal and got back to chennai. there after AC was acting normal on all my short drives.

Second time it happened last month on our trip to Ooty, we reached Ooty without any issues and we did not use AC there to take some fresh air and were driving windows down for the sight seeing. On our way back when were about to reach Mettupalayam, we found that out side temperature is about 39-40 so thought of putting AC. We were shocked to see that cabin was not at all getting cooled even after setting the temperature at 16 which is the lowest available. Blower was pushing hot air and was making things worse. So I called up True Sai Motors in Salem and fixed an appointment with them to get the issue rectified.

By the time we reached salem, it was lunch time and my kiddo was exhausted due to the high summer heat. Service Advisor created a job card and asked the service personnel to take a look in to my car. Was happy to find good hospitality and care given by True Sai motors which I had never experienced with the SO CALLED best Maruti Service centres in past three years while owning the Ugly back tinny. I was told that the AC gas has completely leaked out and the suspect is the 'O' ring. They refilled the AC gas and replaced 'O' Ring which costed me Rs 1200 . even though I was not keen on a test drive as I had a long way to cover, they insisted on me having one. Everything was satisfactory and the car was handed over to me by 4PM which was a good 2 hours from I entered the service centre. I would not blame them for the delay as it was lunch time when we reached there and most of their service Personnel was out for lunch.

When we were about to take leave they asked us to get an extended check up done in case this happens again which made me a bit upset as I get to experience these things only on my long drives where I cannot spend a whole day in the service center to get this checked in the middle of my journey.

I am planning to take the car for a service soon and will ask them to check this issue. In the mean time can I get some valuable advise on this scenario.

I have heard that Pre-2012 cars had issues with the'O' ring and after changing the hopefully it will not re-occur. Both times it happened after long drives, can this be triggered by some other issues ? I am now afraid of taking long trips in my punto due to my past experiences and the less number of FASS scares me even more.

looking forward for the some helpful comments from this forum.
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

A batch of pre 2012 models had this faulty o-ring issue. It happened in my '11 90HP too. O-ring was changed and cooling is as expected ever since.
    1 person likes this.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is the car manufactured around March 2011?

As far I remember, the a batch of faulty O-rings were installed in some cars manufactured in March 2011. Please do not be afraid of driving on the highways. It would most likely not reoccur as the culprit for gas leak in 95% of the cases has been found to be a faulty O-ring which has already been replaced in your car.