1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Dashboards are minutely inspected by car companies. I regularly see a lot of them rejected and piled up at a junk dealer in Pallavaram, chennai. Maybe it is from Ford or hyundai.

Abdul
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Are you sure?

The same thing happened with the Palio D. Guess what - the upper layer was a caked-on layer! The result of repeated use of dashboard sprays and what not. I had the entire dashboard scrubbed clean by some chemical (used by the wash station guys) and the caked-on layer was removed. What remained was the real dashboard and the color. Still looking nice and new.
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Re: Dashboard Glare - Tips and tricks to negate it.

I'm positive. I'll post a close-up pic later for your reference. But it most certainly is not a caked-up polish layer. Its a rubber-ish black paint that can be peeled off ( somewhat akin to peeling off dried fevicol from our hands after an application ).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  4. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Notice the dark top layer and the bottom layer.

IMG_20131116_103618.jpg
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I use the Meguiars dash board polish spray which i bought from 3m outlet. Its non glossy and does not reflect. Its kind of matte polish. I am quite happy with that.
  6. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    That's a good one. It's called Meguiar's Natural Shine. Gives a matte look, but make sure you don't overspray. Wipe away the excess product immediately.
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Exact same issue on the door panel in my GP 2009 rubbery strands keeps peeling off..
  8. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Can anyone using Meguiar's product post a photo of their polished dashboard?

9. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Can you find out the composition of that chemical solution? Or, can you suggest any other alternative solution? I'll try a DIY this weekend to try and peel away the entire top coat. Maybe I'll end up lucky like you did! :)

10. gkabillan

gkabillan Timido

Erode
    KUWAIT
    MID Display.

Hi Friends,

This is my first post in TeamFiat. I am a proud T-jet V.white Dynamic.took the delivery today.the car is really fantastic.before posting my ownership reviews,i have a small doubt.
    1.How to make display of Distance to empty and fuel consumption in MID:confused::confused: . I tried a lot and cant able to do that.

please help.