1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Re: Dashboard Glare - Tips and tricks to negate it.

I polish the dashboard myself, never get it done at service centre (those morons sometimes polish the seat too!) Presently I use Vista dashboard polish. An unpolished dashboard is a luxury I cannot afford, cheap Tata (yes, I blame Tata) build quality has ensured that. The plastic has turned white (also, has peeled away) at some places due to age.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ohh I see.

Do you park your vehicle in an open parking space. If yes then start using sun shade cover on front glass. This may help you to overcome the issue. :up
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The Vista polish is a bit cheap and gives out reflections on the dash. It is better to use some better brands like Sonax/3M/Meguiars. I have the same as Rajan, it does leave a silky satin finish and is not reflective.

Or better, do not polish the dash at all, just use sun-shades when parking in the open and wipe with a moist cloth every now and then.

There is another cost effective solution, it is a spray for trims from 3M, meant for 2 wheelers, it costs less than 150 only and does the same job as Sonax, almost. I would post a pic when I find time.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dont you get those white layer of soap on dash after cleaning It with VIM ...
  5. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    I too gently clean it with moist cotton/microfibre cloth and it worked good so far.

I use the same moist cloth cleaning for leather seats too, however am not sure if the leather will be just fine with it or it needs a conditioner...
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast

Nope. It is always parked in the shade. The whitening is near the glove box area and ac controls, not a region exposed to direct sunlight. It's poor quality, nothing else.

7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    How old is your car. I saw few Punto where dashboard color is peeled off.

Ashish I dont use VIM Soap its VIM liquid and I add some water in it and wipe it using wet cloth & then dry MF cloth.
  8. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast

November 2009. :)
    Have a look at this.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/showthread.php?p=203407
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ohh thats very bad. Think it is bad quality of paint or the plastic part.

Did you visit FASS to get this checked? Any possibility to get it chagned under warrenty. When did this start as I can see your car is now out of warrenty.
  10. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast

The peeling and fading started right after the warranty expired ( funny how that always happens ). The Fass people said the whole part has to be replaced.
    I had showed this to my friend who works for Tata motors. He said that although Fiat have a strict quality standard, most plastic parts that are rejected due to minor quality issues end up being accepted because of intervention by Tata personnel. He said that minor imperfections are covered up using a rubber-like paint and are passed off.
    Don't know how true that is, but then I can see no other explanation for the peeling happening in my car. There appears to be another black layer under the peeled off surface, that very much matches the texture of the surface!

1 person likes this.