1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yashik it must be Carbon Activated filter which even filters pollution if it costs 1300/- from BOSCH. Useful only if person likes to drive with fresh air mode activated.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sounds like you are right Vijay. I guess it must be this one.

Rajan
  3. sam_likes_punto

sam_likes_punto Novizio

mumbai
    Guys,

I am facing the same problem with my Punto MJD. TASS Worli identified it to be a.c pipe and got it replaced.I had asked them to wash the carpet,dry it and redo.However,when they gave me the car back after replacing the pipe,the carpet was still damp.I asked them that the carpet should have been dried.They replied that the carpet was damp as interior cleaning was done.I am beginning to doubt if they removed the carpet to remove the moisture below.However,even after 2 weeks,I feel that the carpet is damp.My car has not been running for almost 5 days and even after that,the carpet tends to be wet.I am not sure if this is ac pipe problem.Can anyone suggest how to solve this issue ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
  4. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    I had the same issue some time back. The carpets getting wet through the blocked AC drainage pipe. And even if they replaced the pipe the carpet is going to be damp unless the carpet is taken out and dried. As there is a plastic coating underneath the carpet you shouldn't expect to get it evaporated quickly even if you leave your car under sun. The workaround I did was; opened up the carpet(to an extend; not completely) by unscreweing some of the screws from the plastic near the door sill(and also somewhere down the centre console) and dried it with a hair dryer.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Maybe the carpet never dried out fully in the first place? From the AC leak that is.

Whenever you have some good sunshine in Mumbai, try and keep the car in the sun with all doors and the boot open. It does take quite a while to dry, even in the blistering sun we have here in Punjab.
  6. jpshya

jpshya Timido

Bangalore
    Exact same problem in my punto. Last week, they had fixed the ac pipe and still the carpet was damp. Guess what, they dont normally dry up the carpet stuffing below (kind of a rug). This will be fully damp and i was feeling it every day. Then today took it Vecto and asked them to remove the carpet in my presence and i could see that, there are no leakages from the ac pipe and it was only the left over water which leads to the dampness. The service engineer told that, he will take out & give me the rug for drying at home and place it back in a day or two once it is fully dried. Seems to be a better option for me, as we can see that is fully dried and place it below, rather than leaving the car with them to be dried by their own mechanism.
  7. Headlight indicator in dashboard console is not working

Dear All,

I own 1.3 MJD, 2011 model. Headlights are working fine in my linea but the corresponding green colour headlight indicator at dashboard console is not glowing. What is the problem ? Can i fix this problem by myself ?
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ashish, can you please post a photo?

I am surprised that I am not sure about this but there is only a high beam "headlight" indicator on the dashboard console and that is blue not green.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I doubt you can fix it yourself.
    First you should check by connecting ECU scanner and performing diagnostic on that light while connected to body computer, instrument panel one by one. If the light still doesn't turn on one of the them would have to be replaced.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    For Punto the headlight indicator on the console is green.

Do the headlamps actually work? If so, might be the case of blown fuse.