1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

I have been using 3D Kagu mats since a year and would definitely recommend them. I have compared them against Star mats - the 3D in Star mats is not as much as Kagu.

I am not sure if Kagu mats are available for Linea, ones they have are for Punto. Everyone on the forum who has Kagu in the Linea, are using mats made for Punto. Only downsisde is that the size for the rear mats is smaller (check J Raviji's thread)

There have been ads about availability of 3D Kagu mats for around Rs 3500 in Reliance Autozone in NCR. Check them out
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Oh, I'll surely take a look, thanks speedjet

Long time no see, how've you been?
  3. bibhupanda1

bibhupanda1 Timido

Linea 1.3
    I too faced similar this July - Linea wet Carpet!!!

I too faced similar problem in my linea this July. It goes this way.

One day I smelled foul inside cabin. Thought it to be from 3D Mat. But No. I perfumed inside cabin and it lasted 2 days. Then again same smell. I checked wet carpet on driver side and found it dry. After 2 days I checked again on passenger side and horrified to see wet carpet. Immediately kept cloth to soak. When I pressed the carpet, I was shocked to see water coming out from carpet. Got tensed when I saw Co-Passenger side Carpet also flooded with water. Opened small opening at co-passenger carpet to check Chassis No. My goodness.. It was filled with water. Water level was at least 5mm. Removed Carpet by unscrewing few screws and plastic cap bolt. Refer Attached Picture.
    Linea Co driver Carpet removal.jpg

After reviewing the situation, With heavy heart I searched many forums on websites. Finally I came to this thread and immediately checked Ac water out pipe. (Refer attached pic.) But it was of all cleaned. I was confident that AC pipe must be the reason but finding no cause, I was dishearted again.

Linea Ac Water out pipe.jpg

Then approached wind shield water tray collection. Found water guiding hose from tray to be completely choked with mud. Seriously I was in joy to find a reason. Cleaned the hose and fitted again.

Linea Windshield water tray.jpg

But for drying carpet cushion, guys i am still not done yet. Co-driver portion cushion could be removed and i spinned with washing M/c and it got dried all. But in the back, cushion could not be removed as its a long piece i guess. So drying that with putting Cotton cloth. Every day I put a cotton cloth and take it out after 1 day. make that dry and put it again. Now its nearly 85% dry.
    Linea Back Carpet.jpg
    BTW My linea is 2009 model.
    6 people like this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Wow tremendous detective work. It will surely help everyone.

1 person likes this.
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

I had this issue in my Swift, there was damn hole on the floor which allowed the water to seep inside... MAS fixed some rubber pin or a screw to seal that off.

i placed old news papers on wet surface to quickly absorb the wetness... Many kilos of paper which shou.d have been recycled went to waste... But the result was good no fungus !! Try it out it might help.
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had the same problem many times and like above water guiding hose was completely choked with mud........
  7. shams

shams Esperto

in cases where this is the root cause, i assume windscreen washers wont be working properly until this is fixed. does this happen in cars where people dont fill the windscreen washer tank for long intervals?
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Shams - I think you are confusing two things here. One there is a small pipe connected to the wash/wipe tank that pumps water when you spray. I do not believe clogging of that is being discussed here. Underneath the plastic trim - on the outside of the car, where the front windshield meets the bonnet - there are two large drain holes, mean for draining rain water. I think those are the ones that got clogged, leading to this issue.

2 people like this.
  9. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    CAn some post few photographs of these KAGU/STAR mats, I am interested in buying the same. Where can I get this in Chennai ?
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Re: Where to buy 3D Kagu Mats for Linea T-Jet and are they worth it?

Kagu mats are available with Jeewaajee, Privilege motomall and AK international.
    1 person likes this.