1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    You can not check it... At the service center they would attach a machine to AC system that will measure the pressure... drain the existing gas and then refil it with correct measurements.... looks like in your last refill the machine malfunctioned.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Since the car is out of standard warranty, any idea if its covered under extended warranty or not ?
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Anyway, going to get it checked from Kashyap Fiat, Okhla tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that they sort out & close this vexed issue once & for all.
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I have given the car. Since the problem manifests itself only when the car is not operated for 5-6 hours, Kashyap Fiat has kept it for observation overnight. Let's see what happens :(
  5. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Any update?
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Yep. Received a call from them yesterday afternoon that they didn't observe anything wrong ! Maybe because the temperature was low or the car was parked in the shade or something.

Any more suggestions ?
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Some good news & lot of bad news.

The car ac malfunctioned during checkup. So they know that we have a [genuine] problem Houston.

Since my car is in extended warranty, the service adviser is waiting to hear from FIAL about compressor replacement. Unfortunately, I would have to bear the cost of gas/oil/other consumables.

Just don't know if the compressor is the real culprit or there is some generic problem with FIAT ac.
  8. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Never faced an AC problem in the past 4 years before or after the A/C upgrade. The ONLY issue I faced after buying was some rats chewed the A/C wiring (2/3 months after purchase) which I got fixed the next day.
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    That makes me just plain unlucky, caffeineam, I guess.

The service centre has yet to hear from FIAL, after which they are going to indent the compressor. Long story short - maybe a couple of weeks before everything [hopefully] gets right.
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Kashyap FIAT, Okhla are not interested to do anything in my case it seems.

In the last 8 days, they have never called me back. I have to call them again & again to enquire about the status. On Saturday [18/5/13], I was told that they have received the okay for compressor replacement from FIAT, but there was an issue with pricing & it would be cleared only on Monday [20/5/13], since FIAL is off on Saturdays & Sundays.

No call from them either on Monday or Tuesday. So I called up today [22/5/13] & both Mr. Negi [Service Advisor] & Mr. Jha [Service Manager], started giving me some stories about sending the pictures of ac of the car to FIAL as they have received an email for the same. I refused to send my vehicle to them & told them to photograph the ac at my place only. When I told them to forward the emails to me, they backed out & Mr. Jha told me that he would see what could be done.

It seems Extended Warranty is not handled by FIAL directly but by some 3rd party on payment of premium by FIAL. The underwriter is United India. So its not a WARRANTY but some sort of insurance tie up by FIAL. Sucks big time.