1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    My mind went as far imagining a time bomb ripping my car apart...Race2 movie Lamborghini style :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea TJet A/C Problem

I have been facing regular problems with the a/c since I bought the car. In 2011, the gas was recharged & in 2012 the O rings were replaced. Since the car was in standard warranty, I didn't have to pay anything.

Now I am facing a peculiar problem - the a/c switches on only after 15-20 minutes. It doesn't matter what the temp. or fan setting is. Once switched on, the cooling is ok. Any ideas ?
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    The strange bit is that the cooling is "ok" once it switches on. Have you tried lowering the temp setting to the lowest possible once you switch on the AC? It does take a few seconds (at most a minute) most times for the cool air to start. Got the AC filter cleaned/replaced recently? If you have the new design filter (which is exactly what Fiats used to have a couple of years ago), make sure you clean it every month or so. It does get clogged very quickly in our dusty Dilli.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    15-20 mins is a very long time . Like suggested check the filters.
    But i doubt that its clogged so much that you need 15mins to see the effect.
    What you could do is get the AC system checked thoroughly by FIAT as well as other after market guys.

This is what is generally done.
    AC is turned on and the blower is set to 2 and a thermometer is clipped to the mouth of the vents . Observe the reading and it should slowly reduce to about 6-7C . If its not getting there then you have a problem .
    Dont simply go ahead with a AC gas refill . Check then entire system for any leaks . Usually if there is a leak you will see dampness in the piping under the bonnet where the AC unit flows.
  5. Since, T-Jet comes with Auto AC unit, I have one more question/clarification:
    If the ignition is switched off without shutting down AC, next time you turn the ignition ON, AC should start on its own. I believe this where @rsinfo is facing problem.
    OTOH, @rsinfo you can try with shutting down AC before you switch off ignition and then starting it ON manually and see whether it responds as desired
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    As already stated, no amount of fiddling with temp/air speed settings does anything. If anything, it only makes me mad :(

A chocked AC filter won't cool the car at all. In my case, the a/c starts working ok after 15-20 minutes.

- - - Merged Post - - -

theblack, I can't get the system checked from outside as the car is still under extended warranty. For what its worth, I don't want FIAT to refuse me the extended warranty just by getting the a/c checked & serviced from outside.

Anyway, since its an ongoing problem, FIAL should be held responsible for it & should rectify it.
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    The Service center guys overfilled the AC Gas in the system.. take your car back to the service center and ask them to fill it up to correct pressure... the problem would be solved.
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    A possibility, but any idea why would it would manifest in May this year only & not last year ? If there was some problem with pressure, the problem would have started right after gas filling.
  9. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    There is no logical explanation to this madness... I had this problem 5 months after the O-ring replacement and Gas filling at that time. The problem was solved as soon as the guys at ASS refilled the gas in line with specified directions.
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I guess you are right. As a computer guy I seek logical explanations to almost everything :cool:

What should be the correct pressure & how do I check it ?