1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    My opinions are two folds here.

1.) For hand brakes
    Pull the hand brakes up and the warning light pops up on the MID , now slowly release the hand brakes and watch the MID warnings. Stop at the point where the MID warning disappears and at that point check the angle of the hand breaks to confirm that its indeed fully down.

2.) For doors
    Try taping the door locks ,give it a nice thick wrapping and then close the doors.

Try these 2 tips and see if you still get the MID sound.

- - - Merged Post - - -

most probably the ECU is thinking that it's doing something unconditionally. Chances are , if all else fails you can try an ECU reset and see if this thing still continues.
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Surya it is from the Door warning buzzing sound. You can see door open indication on the console. Pls check with TASS and change the faulty switch.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Same here aswell. Inspite of wearing the seat belt the symbol comes up, flashes for few secs and disappears. I have stopped bothering about it now.

Not sure about passenger side seat belt warning aswell. IMO, there should not be one, else how would the car know if there is a co-passenger at all.:D
    Yes, the correct way of working is that the warning signal should stop displaying as soon as one buckles up. But it doesn't in my case. Have to check more keenly now, if it is every time or once in a blue moon.
    I am not sure about the beep warning for seat belt as I have turned the beep off.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I think i just got another idea.

Linea owners please respond.
    I know that in lineas the seat belt warning is a beep now can anyone confirm what happens if the warning is ignored and how often it continues to ruin your peace of mind?
    may be and just may be the same thing might be happening hear as well where the ECU thinks that the seat belt is not clipped yet (this is a very very wild guess, dont flame me !!) :)
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    A long time! At least 3-4 minutes.
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Takes forever. I have not counted the minutes, but it's enough to get irritated and put on the belt :) (It's LOUD)
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    and surya is the interval of the sound you hear in coherence with the one that linea owners have reported?
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    i think nope.. Active model doesn't have any buzzers only thing i have noticed in case of seat belt warning is a custom timed flash light which flashes for few seconds and stops doesnt matter you wear the seat belt or not its of no use.

coming to the handbrake idea i did checked it couple of times when driving at first i thought it was the culprit as usually i have a habit of resting my arm on the handbrake and may be it would be causing the beeps but i could see the ! warning flashing on the board when i was driving i stopped, put the handbrake full up and released to check and it was gone.

After 30 minutes or so of driving again i could hear the beep from dashboard wonder from which part and area (behind the steering wheel, below, Ac) is this coming as it was raining today not much i could check into this.
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

off topic - the i20 has seat belt warning lights for all the passengers (1+4) and it recognises the passengers very well and warns. Not sure how it does that though. May be weight?? :evilsmile
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ Is this on the 2013 ASTA's or on the O variants?

AFAIK only the driver and Passenger Seat belts used to buzz in the 2011 Asta i have driven.