1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    There was NO SMELL whatsoever. In my case as I have mentioned the CARPET was dry the INSULATION under the carpet was soaked. Anyway, the entire interior was stripped and the dashboard removed to dry out the whole thing. Took 3 odd days and the drain pipe was replaced. The whole thing cost me about 3K. They made two screwups in the process-

1) Lost the bonnet release lever - Which I got replaced FOC after I took the car back to them the next day.
    2) Handbrake engaged sensor does not work anymore.

I was told the carpet goes all the way up :confused: so the dashboard has to come off. Thankfully no unusual rattles unless I hit sharp unseen potholes.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Carpet Getting WET!

The smell comes in if unattended after many days because the water is pure and condensed. Better we touch our carpets once in a while or check if AC water drips from the drain pipe from the outside.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Strange Beep sound from the dashboard

Its been happening since a week that there is a strange beep alarm kind of sound not so loud which plays for few seconds in between and stops. Since its a active model there are no extra fitments like the ABS, Airbags or the seat belt buzzer kind of stuff like that for signals, there is no warning sign on the dashboard, at one point i thought it could be my Casio g-shock screaming out of battery but its not, i cross checked for the speed buzzers on dashboard too its not that, Do any one of you guys have any idea what it could be?

:anyone
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Strange Beep sound from the dashboard

Are you moving the car with handbrake engaged? The car beeps if so.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    no am not but this could be if brake not released properly will check for this..
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I suspect a hand brake engaged warning or door not locked properly warning
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I had this problem with the Door Open warning beep. It would come-up at its own will, more ofter at a sharp corner at speeds or rough patches of roads or while braking hard. The door switch was the culprit in my case and got it fixed at the TASS with a double sided tape. It later came up few times after the car had water washes and vanished on its own. I simply switched off the buzzer later.

BTW, does the Active variant beeps for not putting up the seat belt aswell? In my case the symbol flashes few times even after wearing the seat belt. I am not sure, if the error symbol comes for the passenger seat belt aswell or only for the driver side seat belt.
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    for me the seat belt warning comes up unconditionally whether i wear them or not and disappears a few secs later.
    I hear in the lineas its a problem as it keeps beeping
    1 person likes this.
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

This most probably is either the handbrake not disengaged properly or the door/boot open signal. Check if the boot door is also closed properly!!

@ Kiran - if am not wrong, seat belt warning is only for Driver and not for other seat/occupants.
    My seat belt warning disappers as soon as the buckle clicks in - thats the way it should work.

Am not sure if the active variant has a beep warning for seat belt!!
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    i hear this beeps for short intervals for some time but no door open signals are warnings on the board, at one point when i was at 100 + on express way it felt like engine failure beep in cockpit, will check..