1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

This is a common issue with the Punto. Almost every owner is through this trouble at some phase of ownership. Why cannot the dumbos at FIAT QC fix it at the factory level for the new batches atleast?
  2. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

A mail to Top management done the trick.issue is resolved by replacing the panel Costed Rs 231/-
  3. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Mine is fixed in first service. paid none
    1 person likes this.
  4. How to remove interior rearview mirror

Has anyone idea how to remove interior rearview mirror from its mount on windscreen?I need to install a self dimming mirror.
  5. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

hold it firmly and move the base, that is fixed to windscreen, upwards gently so that it dosen't break.don't proceed if u r not confident.:ugeek:
  6. refer to images attached. pulling upwardly is not helping. is it too firm. i found there is a lock also. what is its purpose?

2013-02-19_14-05-47_334.jpg 2013-02-16_20-43-33_568.jpg
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Sorry.. no idea..
  8. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

This problem has a very simple solution, dunno why the hell TATA ass dont do it easily and solve it once and for all.
    My Punto's front passanger side and behind it carpet got seriously wet. I already knew the reason, AC drainage pipe, because no water was getting out from the drainage pipe under the car. Took car to TATA (my bad). Told them straightaway to just check the AC drainage pipe and nothing else. They asked me to wait a 'while' at customer lounge till they do the needfull. Now after 1 hr no sign of anyone to tell me whats going on. So inquired about the status of my car, SA told me its done, there was some dirt in drainage pipe which was blocking the flow of water. I said ok fine, thanks and left just to find later that the water is still now dripping from the drainage pipe :-| Those gentlemen did nothing and gave car back to as it is. But I was't shocked or surprised, afterall what to ask from a service center who is no more liable to service or lookafter cars of some 'other/rival' company.
    Came back and opened the lower driver side console myself and found drainage pipe misaligned. Fixed it properly, duct tape was put on to ensure fully and problem solved :-D

So guys, take out your screwdrivers and do-it-yourself. Its hardly a 5min job. Now since a week, AC drained water is properly draining. And whenever service center says that your AC drainage pipe was blocked, dont trust him/her. The pipe is enuf wide and no chance it can ever get blocked.

The area inside red circle is prone to get misaligned. (excuse ICE related wires, they were also sorted out later :-D )
    IMG_20130301_203608 - Copy.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    8 people like this.
  9. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

I got rid of this excess water using some 20-30 newspaper LoL Used to place one for a day and replace it with new one the next day. Did it till newspapers started coming out dry the next day too. Now carpet is all dried up. Do something about it asap, it is not looking good, specially the rust :-O
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  10. The thing I don't understand is, how come it was this late you figured out that ur carpet is getting wet. For me, the smell is the thing that gives away that it's getting wet, if there's no passenger to give me that info.

This niggle is becoming more frequent, I think. Hope the new exclusive Fiat service centres will have a permanent solution for this.