1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

There is enough of water seeping through in case drain pipe is malfunctioning. If it's driven for too long, driver side carpet will also get wet. There is no other water source to wet the mat like this. Yes, coolant could be the one in very rare case because under-body cover facilitates it's reach everywhere. I noticed that in a Punto but then mechanic was intentional opened the nozzle of radiator to replace the coolant.

Rahul, Switch on the AC & check where it is dripping by looking underbody. You can refer the manual if it has specified AC exhaust pipe in your car. Either the pipe is choked or it's not there at all.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

In our Palio D, water had even gone to the rear passenger footwell from the leaking drain pipe. :)

So i'm sure the water from the leaking drain pipe will not be restricted to one particular area. If it is allowed to leak for a long while.
  3. You mean, if water is dripping from the underbody, there's prob with the drainpipe.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

You mean, if water is dripping from the underbody, there's prob with the drainpipe.
  4. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ Rahul24jam,
    I face the exact problems u face and my car had done around 1300KM, as urs. I will take the car to the service station this weekend. Before that could you guys let me know if I can drive with AC until I get this problem fixed, I commute 20 kms everyday with AC.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It would drop none the less there is a drainpipe or not. It will help you to spot out the location of drain pipe.
    Though you have to wait for long to see any water dropping through in absence of drain pipe (it already making your mat wet), but it will drop at last. The another solution i can suggest is to try that myself on my 90 HP, take the pic & help you with pipe location. I myself want to know it's location but since you have the issue, i am waiting for your feedback so that it may save some pain at my end:mrgreen:. I am pretending smart here actually.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
  6. i'll do it when i go home after work. i didnt take my punto to work today, took my zen instead.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

as far as i remember, its located behind the clutch foot rest panel. panel needs to be opened to see the pipe.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  8. Oops, i didnt give comments on what happened after that... gave the car to Concorde, Kochi, the job took almost 2-3 working days. the drain pipe was blocked, which needed just a minor fix, a matter of minutes. but the wet to the core carpets needed to be taken off and dried in the sun, and as it was the rainy times, they didnt get enough sun, and in between came two holidays too. so in the end, the car given on Saturday was delivered only on the Thursday....

But, everything alright since then. no issues.
  9. asif

Ma Linea was in Mohandas Motors,Tvm with the same complaint,Ac drain pipe became blocked and all ma carpets was soaked with water,All the seats & console around the gear were removed to remove the carpet,as its a single piece.Took 3 days to get the carpet dried.
    I havent noticed the leak as i had vinyl flooring(offered free from the dealer to protect the biege carpets) until I noticed foul smell from the cabin.:cry:
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  10. thankfully i didnt do the vinyl flooring even after a lot of pressure from my friends n close ones. was always worried about water entering from under. but this time, it was water from AC. it's better not to do the vinyl, though it offers a cleaner and easy to clean floor.