1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Well, if TASS is nearby then it's OK.
    Else you can take to some local AC repair shop & get the drainage pipe installed from there.
    You can check the pipe yourself too if it's stuck somewhere there & fit it again.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Please check the following things.

1. Do you park the car under trees
    2. Are you sure that the leak is appearing when AC is on. Are you sure that the leak is not happening after a body wash. Remove the front floor mats and pour water all over the body especially windshield and check any visible leak.
    3. Have you installed any thing which require removing rubber beading or any other parts in your Punto?

As far as I could could understand from net that if the passenger side is not wet then it could be a AC drainage problem.
  3. 1. I park the car in my garage, and at office, of course, there are trees, but none that really drips water.

2. I have driven with AC only till now. the leak happens NOT due to wash, as only the left front passenger seat area gets wet, and there are no visible leaks on the body. its only on the floor.

3. No, I haven't.

I called up the service centre 24 hrs helpline, and they said its the AC drain pipe prob. Its a 100 km drive, so planning it on Friday/Saturday. till then I'll drive without AC, and also check if its coming again.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

1. I park the car in my garage, and at office, of course, there are trees, but none that really drips water.

2. I have driven with AC only till now. the leak happens NOT due to wash, as only the left front passenger seat area gets wet, and there are no visible leaks on the body. its only on the floor.

3. No, I haven't.

I called up the service centre 24 hrs helpline, and they said its the AC drain pipe prob. Its a 100 km drive, so planning it on Friday/Saturday. till then I'll drive without AC, and also check if its coming again.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Just before taking the vehicle do confirm that there is no leak after a wash, Pour lot of water on windshield and check for any leak. This will help to diagnose the problem in a better way. Why I asked about tree is that there can be blocks created by dry leaves going inside the water outgoing passage from windshield.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sungoa, It's 100% AC drainage pipe. In case, water would be seeping through from anywhere else, it would make a lots of other things wet. I think you can help him if you exactly know where is drain pipe for AC & post a pic.
    I haven't checked it so far in mine so not aware it's exact location.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I don't know the location. Some of the forum members had down loaded the service manual and they can post the pictures here. A reference for future use.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    200%,it's the A/C drainage pipe.I had the same problem,rats had eaten the one in my car!,if it's on the driver side of the car,don't think of anything else.
  8. But it's on the passenger side carpet.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Well, passenger side carpet could mean something else. Check if the coolant levels are fine and are your wipers functioning normally?
  10. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Dude, I faced the same problem in my car and it was a clogged AC drain pipe. 5 minutes job for an SA to fix it. He'll just pull it out clean it and put it back. No Sweat !!