1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Friends,

I tried using the search button on the dash board beside the media player display. Now it searches and finds 93.5 frequency. Immediately if you try NEXT/PREVIOUS on the steering, it works. I felt like my Punto is self healing ;)

But once you stop/start the engine i.e. restart the car, the problem came back :eek:

Wondering what it is?!?!?!?!!
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    When you give self to start,power supply to HU is disconnected till you do not release the starter. HU restart as soon as you release the key.

If you want to restart specific radio station after starting engine then save desired station before starting the engine
  3. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Bhai! I dont see any option in the Menu of the media player to save the station. How do we do it?
  4. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

Hyderabad
    @Nithrath
    Just press and hold the number (1 to 6) to save the station..
    1 person likes this.
  5. Carpet Getting WET!

My Punto has just run 1300 km, in 3 weeks. There's a strange problem crept up. The front passenger side carpet has become soaked with water... First i thought it was some bottle of water that leaked, but there was no bottle on the floor. the mat had become so soaked with water, it was dripping. I took out the mat , and found that the carpet underneath was soaked, and i put my hand under the carpet thru the hole that shows the chassis number on the front passenger floor. there was water under the carpet as if the car had gone thru a flood! Could this be the AC leaking to the body? There's no water on any other part of the floor. Help me, this is stinkin up the car as well as causing me a lot of tension!

Mods, Please move it to appropriate section...
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Rahul,
    My car underwent major body repair work post which i had lots of small issues. One of the issues was this. driver side carpet used to get fully wet and the problem even managed to reach right passenger side carpet.

The problem was diagnosed to a small outlet pipe missing which directs AC water outside.

The location of this pipe was somewhere near to the clutch foot rest and the clutch. your problem could be something similar. maybe the pipe could have become loose. Ask TASS to check in the area i mentioned.

Once it is solved ask them to suck out all the water from the carpet using vaccuum cleaner.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Get the A/C drain pipe checked. Could've come off and causing the 'flooding'.

Experienced the same on our Palio D a number of times.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep, no other reason is possible for water getting into the cabin!!
    It's passenger side carpet, right??
    Get the drainage pipe checked, both Shams & Gurjinder are spot on here.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My alto had this same problem. My case it was the passage that direct water that flows from windshield to ground got blocked. But it was happened in last monsoon. But now it is not raining in kerala and I think what Gurjinder and shams mentioned is likely to be the reason.
  10. yeah. it can only be the AC drain pipes. Will be takin it to the TASS, but i dont have time till friday. driving without the AC could help till then i guess.