1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    cabin air filter

hello,

as we know, the cabin air filter was changed from an actual pollen filter to a wire mesh one. is there any way to get the old denso ones? i feel i can keep to a weekend routine of cleaning the pollen filter. so would like to have cabin air as clean as possible.

anyone tried procuring that filter?

Regards,
  2. you can get one ordered for you from the service center.. that would be better for you..
    that is the only place you can get these things i guess.
  3. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    would they have it in stock? I guess fiat must have transitioned to wire mesh filter for service too?
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Rpm, I guess FIAT does not provide the old pollen filter even with new cars so it would be difficult sourcing it from FIAT as well. Maybe we can place a bulk order and get them from UK. :p
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dude the best way to check is to give the dealer a call. And check whether they can order if they dn't have it in stock.

If all fails, Ebay UK can be a source. But beware of delayed/expensive shipping etc.

Gurjinder.
  6. yeah they started puttting a wire mesh filter. in place of thee pollen filter
    they might not have it in stock but they might be ready to order one for you.
    but make sure you get the order number of the order cuz these guys are soo lazy they cant move their bums to place an order on the computer also.
    btw how much would be the difference of the dust coming into the cabin compared to the wire mesh filter??
    will the dust reduce by half??
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  7. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    should be more than half. right now, i can see dust particles get in when i start the AC in ventilation mode.

time to give oberoi motors a call.
  8. in the pollution its better to put it in circulation mode..
    also the cabin would become cooler in circulation mode than in ventilation mode..

if you need that badly then order it. they might get you one as well
  9. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    I also got the Filter replaced, I do not find any difference though still works same only difference is price, is reduced now costs approx 50-60Rs, initially the old Paper style used to cost 100+ or 200+ guess. This one looks simpler just has a grill kind of setup.

I would probally opt for Philips internal car air filter if we want to opt for Air Purification, check link below:

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/news/philips-launches-new-car-air-purification-system/8471/1

BUT!! Vitamin M, just for Air... naah... Still looks nice would like to have on my want list. :)
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the old ones are much better. the new one is no where near sufficient to filter the dust. so what i have decided is i will put the wiremesh filter only in summers so that my ac works better and the old denso one for the rest of the seasons as it is cooler then. i too want to stack the denso filter. i washed my denso filter and it made three buckets of water dirty. after that i banged it on floor till the dust which had now become long strands of dirt stopped falling from the filter veins.