1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Interiors

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Girish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Girish

Girish

Bengaluru
    Seat ADJUSTMENT FAULTY

Dear PUNTERS

I have been having this issue since my ownership of my car and the driver seat keeps going down while driving... Been interacting with Prerana Motors and they claim to have replaced the TRACK for the driver seat (it was somewhere beginning of May . But the problem is still there .

Each time i get a call from the dealer they been asking me to come over to the workshop but the problem is my whole day goes for a six...
    I don't intend to get my car picked up as now i have realized any1 driving my car apart from myself I DON"T TRUST...

I did see many a times how service guys drive / handle the car they are very rough.

By any chance i would like to know any1 has faced the seat going issue?
    if yes was it resolved ?
    coz i don't want to waste my time going all the way to HOSUR road and come back disappointed. :cry:

Pls Advice....

Cheers!!!

Girish
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: Seat ADJUSTMENT FAULTY

Girish, replacing the seat tracks is of no use.

The replacement fiat has given is the seat height assembly, not the seat tracks..

i assume, by seat tracks you (& the SC) mean the tracks used for the seat to move forward and backwards..

I'll post the part number soon here.
  3. Girish

Girish

Bengaluru

Hey Chaos;

So u say that these guys have not done the job which was actually to be done !!!! Hey man they should be AWARDED with what to say....

Gr8 guys... Should write to them about this: i did get a call from PUNE call centre for service satisfactory and i gave 2 marks overall for the dealer...
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

When you say "track" I understand, its the part that takes the seat forward, backward. horizontal movement. not the vertical movement of up down.

So yes, they are replacing the wrong part unless you have a typo here.
    If you could upload a scan of the invoice mentioning the replacement (masking your personal details in the bill) we can identify & conclude the replaced part...
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I would like to know how you know if the Height Adjustment is faulty?
    Mine is from Initial lot, but i never felt its going down automatically while driving. What i feel is the lever positioning is such that i always touch this while getting IN and OUT. So after few days, the seat goes down? Is this normal with others?
  6. nehamit

nehamit Timido

Ahmedabad

In my Linea, seat track assembly is already changed three times and I was happy that problem was gone. Again my seat height goes down after about an hour of driving and still there is the problem of slipping the handle while trying to lower down or higher up the seat. I have written this to Fiat number of times and even local TATA service CSR has raised this issue to his higher ups. Waiting for the solution, hopefully permanently!
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Their Seat adjustment Assembly is called Track & its one single unit which is used to adjust horizontal movement as well as vertical movement.

I've changed it long back & the problem got solved.

The details of the process of the change & the pics of the Track are here on my Ownership Report (Pg 3) --->>> viewtopic.php?f=47&t=28&start=20
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

But vahanpujari, now a days they only change the height assembly. So they don't have to remove the seat completely.

Andy also confirmed this when he went for his replacement.
    May be the TASC guys must be replacing the part with the old defective part.

BTW, Girish, have they replaced this part in front of you personally??
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

U gotta replace the Seat hydraulics assembly... Its was a 2hr job for my vehicle... they had to remove the seat completely and replaced the mechanical portion of it and its perfect from thereon.. I got it replaced the first month of Jan when i got the car and its not given me any trouble so far...

From the words seat track assembly sounds that they replaced the front and back adjustment thing which is not required... they haven replaced the right parts... Please get it done at the earliest and am sure this would be fixed... If u get the time get it in front of you and u'd know whats replaced.

In Lay mans terms tell the SA to replace the hydraulics... that should be fine...
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

I & a few Linea owners were the 1st to get it changed at very beginning after they received rectified aseemblies/ parts. There were 2 options:

1) They changed only the seat height adjustment lever in the cars of a friend of Dr. Amit (nehamit on this forum) & in the car of a friend ramesh (neotraveller - not yet joined here).

2) In my car & Dr. Amit's car, we got entire Seat Height assembly changed by removing the seats as can be seen in the pics of my ownership thread