1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: TEFLON COATING and ANTI RUST YES or NO?

Hi Bansal saab,
    You are right. We should not go for teflon coating on a new car. Its a complete waste of money.
    Anti-rust, I am not sure. Other members can comment on usefulness of anti-rust on new car better.

P.S.- Welcome to TeamFIAT. We had our TFI meet in Delhi yesterday only. :)
    viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1640
    Photos page 23 onwards.
  2. Re: TEFLON COATING and ANTI RUST YES or NO?

I had recently checked with Mangesh of FIAT. His advise was NO to Antirust treatment as the car is already pre-treated for rusting.
    If you observe the underneath of Linea/Punto, you can feel rubbery paint which is nothing but the coating for Antirust.

Teflon - pure waste of money on a new car, be it 3M, Waxoyl or Dupont.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: Rust.....????help

kindly get it treated immediately. any sorts of rust is a case of poor paint procedure i.e faulty workmanship.
    fiat has anti-rust warranty.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: Engine Gaurd Touching Ground : Front Right

Amit,

Its not design flow. The same measured ground clearance facilitates the fantastic Ride & Handling which we can't stop ourselves to praise everytime we take her on highway.
  5. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Re: Rust.....????help

i got boot door and bonet repainted because of rust infact bonet replace karwaya tha. Boot door bhi replace kiya tha but i rejected the replacement and got the old boot repainted.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Engine Gaurd Touching Ground : Front Right

suspension set up of GP & Linea is redesigned for Indian Road condition. i.e. Soft Suspension.

Original GP has somewhat hard suspension & bumpy Ride.
    I had read this when Overdrive magzine had published article of GP in 2006
  7. Re: TEFLON COATING and ANTI RUST YES or NO?

@rajanbansal: Rust is one culprit but you need to consider stones, debris, salt water, and road chemicals also. Well, all these contribute to rust too but the wear and tear from stones, for example, can be irreversible. I got this treatment done after a small mishap but then I feel to have taken care of my beauty to the best. You spent 6-7 Lakhs of your hard earned money on your car, 3k should be nothing :)

Teflon coating can be skipped, since your car is new.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: TEFLON COATING and ANTI RUST YES or NO?

No to both for a brand new car.

I wanted to go for these two items on my new Fiat purchase. The sales rep was courteous to inform me these are not necessary and waste of money.

I have a doubt, many dealers would try to rip customers on these coatings.
  9. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    Rear Bumper repair

My GP got hit front the rear by a biker yesterday :punch , the mudguard piece connected to the bumper got dislodged and it also had a crack, the shape also got distorted due to impact. Worst of all, a very bad scratch on the impact area on the beautiful white. :cry:

Took the car to body shop today, on initial assessment the SA said the damaged area would have to heated to get the original shape back and repaint the whole area, replace the broken part ( i was seeing rupee notes flying away in front of me eyes at that moment) But i waited and 30 mts later, the SA comes and bring out my car, the scratches and all cleaned up, the bumper back in its place.
    No charge! The guy made my day! Concorde motors here in Kochi does a really decent job.... ::T
  10. Re: Rear Bumper repair

Matt, did you take any pictures of the dented bumper and the repaired one ?