1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: Engine Gaurd Touching Ground : Front Right

linea and punto are haunted by design fault - read it as low ground clearance.
    manufacturers should take in account of indian road conditions before designing the suspension packages.
  2. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur

Got many hits!

ODO reading 12750 Km.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2

When you know that there is Speed bump, Do reduce the speed well in advance, so that the car is not bending towards front at the start of the Bump, and drive slowly on the bump, then might raise the engine rpm with the proper gear as per the required speed.
  4. suresh

suresh Novizio

Bangalore
    External fuel cap/cover

Hi,
    It is my observation that the fuel cap loses its alignment and looks like it has been man handled during [refueling etc]and hence does not gel with the body counters of the body line. It is a situation that you some how decide not to address with your service technician as you are afraid it may reach a stage where the mis alignment may further get irreparable and hence decide on not touching "the misalignment".
    How many of you have found that the circular external fuel cover[Punto] is prone to mis alignment as compared to the external body line of the vehicle?
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Rust.....????help

Hi All,

Last week i found something unusual on my cutie driver door beeding, just wanted to share with all & wanted to know if this the begining of RUST. :A

Please let me know if anyone found the same kind of thing :anyone

DSC00785.JPG

DSC00787.JPG
  6. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Re: Rust.....????help

The pics are not clear. Try to post some Macro mode pics.

Well, if it's rust, then bad luck. Report this to A.S.S asap. Get that part sanded and painted. Just check all other doors and dicky.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Sunil, show it to A.S.S. and get it corrected.
    Try to take some clearer pictures.
  8. Re: Rust.....????help

A clear picture would help.
    If the rust is due to the beading then there is no worries. The rust on the beadings(the metal inside the beadings are susceptible to rust) would have stuck to the body and it should be artificial rust.

Just show it to the TASS and get the beadings replaced.
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Punto's all doors are rust prone. All of my doors are rusted near door hinges. Elegant Cars told me that rust is big big issue in Punto. I advise alll you guys to check out all doors carefully.
  10. rajanbansal

rajanbansal

TEFLON COATING and ANTI RUST YES or NO?

Hi,
    Should we spend our hardearned money on teflon coating and anti rust coating on new Fiat Punto ?
    Is it really worth ? or wax polish on monthly basis will do the tric.

Rajan bansal