1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Re: Door Handle prob

Guys, am facing the door lock problem in my punto. It just happened today, the driver side door wouldn't open and I can see it either got struck or won't budge to open. I had to enter through the front passenger seat :-( I'm gonna take the car to the TASS tomorrow, but just checking if this can be resolved by a local workshop.

Thanks for the assistance !
    -Arul
  2. suneet

suneet Timido

Bangalore
    Water spots on windshield(front glass)

Hi all,

I have small water spots all over my front glass. During day driving this is not much of a problem but during night
    it is very tough to drive. Vision through the glass is blur.
    I have tried cleaning with shampoo,clothes detergent and even sonax windscreen wiper , all in vain
    Would really appreciate if any one could suggest the solution for this.

Thanks in advance.
    Car: Fiat Grande punto1.3 Emotion

Thanks,
    Suneet
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Water spots on windshield(front glass)

Hi Suneet. Welcome to TFI. ::T

Well, they don't seem to be just "water spots" if they did not go after doing so much of Hanky-panky on it with detergents and other things (I hope everyone has visited the link to the hanky-panky thread on other forum posted by "Klub_Class" in "Humour HA HA HA" thread" :mrgreen: )

Were they present right from the beginning or did they appear after sometime (in case you know)? Have you got your windshield sun filmed?

My car's rear windscreen had a few paint spots after I got my Punto repainted near the left rear tail light which were cleaned by my father using petrol and then cleaned with water immediately to remove petrol from the glass.
  4. Re: Water spots on windshield(front glass)

@suneet: This might seem stupid but still have you cleaned the windscreen both from inside the cabin as well as outside?

Why not post some pics for all of us to understand what you really mean and maybe one of us here might be able to help?
  5. suneet

suneet Timido

Bangalore
    Re: Water spots on windshield(front glass)

Yes they were present from the beginning, but the density of these marks was not much. They have increased gradually.
    windshield is not sun filmed.
    I tried cleaning it from inside and outside.
    I couldn't capture those water spots in camera. They are only visible to naked eyes. Anyhow I will give another try to capture it in camera.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
  7. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
  8. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Engine Gaurd Touching Ground : Front Right

Hi,

Whenever I drive over bupm or path hole the engine gaurd is getting dashed to ground.
    Especially front right side. Feels also getting suspension hiss sound.(Definitely not of Mud Flap)

What may be the reason?
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Engine Gaurd Touching Ground : Front Right

Have you got hit/frequent hits due to low ground clearance. Check the the Front Suspension Rail
    & Front elastic pads ( Front Shock Absorber Mountings)

I was also facing this problem . Problem solved after replacing Cross Rail in accident claim & elastic pad in warrantee

If your elastic pads are worn out GC will reduced. So check the overall Front Suspension. What is your ODO reading ?
  10. Re: Engine Gaurd Touching Ground : Front Right

I hope you are sure that the noise is not from the mud flaps... I had a similar issue... Gave the car to the service center twice but the issue wasn't resolved. Finally once while driving at night, i was going over a speed bump. I stopped the car and found that the stupid mud flap was touching the bump. And the sound which this makes gives a feeling that something is very wrong with the suspension. Pl. try to drive at night on a deserted road (or even during the day if traffic is not an issue)with a speed bump to confirm this.