1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    A very good thought you have put in here. I am suspecting on similar lines where in denting/repairing experts are not able to gain access and do a spot weld which is either in an in accessible or is invisible from outside. If the dis assembling, identifying, spot welding, heating and re painting of entire door might cost as much as the new door itself. Is it possible to ask for a quote for the metal shell alone along with internal bracing/metal parts intact so the replacement might make more sense in case i am ready to spend, life will be easier with a new door in place.

I have lost hopes of repairing that door and several visits lead to some contraptions which might seem like a fix, only to re occur upon frequent usage, Remember the front right door gets the maximum usage of all 4 door.

Will wait for your Thoughts on this to settle in some thing quick.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 14, 2015 ---
    The impact was at 5kph speeds where in there is a remote possibility of any other auxillaries near by to have got affected, i do not see any other fault in the door, no wanted squeak, rattle when slamming the door everytime, Power windows do their duty as they should without a hitch. Just that the sheet metal shivers severly giving a blum sound in stead of a thud. Talk about bad luck on my part for not able to find a fix 3 years down the line i am forced to live with this issue in hand unresolved after several re tries.

I agree to this point, it s valid, but when you compare to a Skoda Fabia or a VW Polo it s no way on par.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  2. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Did anyone observe that with Punto Evo, the place where the door latch (chrome) while opening touches the body, the paint at the small portion is gone. I think we need to get a 3M potection done to have a permanent fix even it we get it repainted under warranty...
  3. ca raman

ca raman Timido

WANI
    TIGER LAND T A D O B A
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today my dyno met with minor accident, a speeding bike hit on front bumper corner which resulted in broken Fog Lamp assembly and Head Light of right side, was is the estimate to repair the same. Changes required 1. Head Lamp 2. Fog Lamp Assembly and Front bumper of down side.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Dino will need repairs worth about 10k +- 2 to 3k depending on choice of workshop and type of damages.
    ca raman likes this.
  5. ca raman

ca raman Timido

WANI
    TIGER LAND T A D O B A
    Grande Punto 1.3
    can i claim insurance for the above repair job?
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sure you can. Get a proper quote from service center. Tell them you don't want to claim insurance; they tend to over inflate estimates in my experience. You can take a call later if you want to claim insurance in which case you will loose NCB. What is date of manufacture of car and kms covered, is it Punto Linea MJD or FIRE?
  7. ca raman

ca raman Timido

WANI
    TIGER LAND T A D O B A
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its 2012 Punto Dynamic MJD
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Go ahead if you have cashless facility, not much hassle.
  9. ca raman

ca raman Timido

WANI
    TIGER LAND T A D O B A
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks a lot
  10. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Dear raman,
    Please get a quote from local work shop....because if not much damage it can cost less than 5k.
    Thanks