1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Underbody Antirust Coating

Dear All,

I have a six month old punto and would like to know if i need to get the antirust coating on the underbody. If yes, please suggest some center doing the same near thane or mumbai.

Regards,
    Irfan Chaki
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Attaching the email sent to me and the File attachments. This email is dated 20-11-2013.

>> Quotation and product details. >> View attachment Dinitrol Treatment for your Fiat Linea.zip

- - - Merged Post - - -

There is only prevention and management of rust, no cure..! Applying any anti-rust or rustfree solution is only temporary solution esp. once the rust catches even a bit.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Irfan,

There is a 3M centre in Thane where you can get the anti rust underbody coating done. Dont know exactly how much do they cost but they are VFM considering that they come with 5 yr warranty and two touchups every year and one full application after 3 yrs. Last I enquired was an year back when it costed Rs 4K. Mr Sheshadri of 3M is a gentlemen who wouldnt talk to sell and advises genuinely if the car needs the coating.

Address:
    4, 5, 6 Landmark Building, Next to Axis bank, Louis Wadi, Eastern Express highway, Thane (W) - 400604.

I feel you should get the anti rust done since I recently saw the underbody of my Punto and there are spots where the factory applied anti rust is missing. The engine guard in my car is showing sign of rust and needs a coating badly. One monsoon is already gone, dont want to take chances with the already arrived monsoons.

Will be visiting 3M this weekend.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, I agree with ghodlur. It's better to go with Anti rust coating asap, last time when I went to 3M, they lifted the vehicle and shown me the underbody, at one or two places the factory applied coating got peeled off, at that time my vehicle is just 1 month old, me too planning for 3M's 5 Yrs anti rust coating soon.
  5. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    4K for the coating. Happened to see the 3M antirust bottle. 1L bottle costs just 350 bucks. Assuming the shop uses 2L for each car, the material cost is just 700 bucks. 4K/ car is a simple rip off. Bottle says it has to be sprayed at 70 ps

Presently looking for any place at Trivandrum where they can do the spraying if I can pass on the material. Even if they charge 1k/ car for the labor.. still its way cheaper.
    1 person likes this.
  6. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Just got the anti rust coating at 3M with 5 years treatment at 3809/-.

Thanks guys for inputs on the same.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Paresh

Paresh Timido

Pune
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Last Monday was filling Diesel and the guy who was filling allowed it to overflow.

Is there any problem to the paint if Diesel spills over?
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    A full tank when done, the fuel will def come out a bit on the run due to our roads. This happened to me many a times. So far no issues to the paint. It just leaves a dark trail on the body.
  10. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nothing to worry... It happen to me couple of times. Just wipe the diesel with clean cloth.