1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Zen,
    No need to get insurance as those idiots wont give you for such a small damage,better get the dent done outside & then you can get the rear reverse light fixed in FASS after dent work.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    If the dent is on the boot, im pretty sure they'll say that the whole boot has to be painted which will definitely not be cheap at FASS. They won't paint just the affected area since they cannot match the color.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    The Trend guys are on vacation till 15th May. I am putting on hold till then. Some how have to bare the disappointment of watching the damage till then :(

- - - Merged Post - - -

As you can see from the pic, the major damage has happened at the left bottom of boot door just below Punto badge. And thank goodness not much paint has chipped off. Just area of a 1Rs coin size. Ofcourse the plastic bumper has few more scratches.
  4. charan

charan

Bangalore
    There is a person by name Pramod 9900298669 and he used to be an inspector and evaluator with SBI insurance and now he has a huge network of mechanics and insurance agents where you could get the best deal closer to you place or slightly farther if you are willing to travel and you could also select the mechanic or body shop either based on distance/price.

You could simply send him the pic on whatsapp and he could tell you the cost also.
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I checked my warranty - it says 2years / 80,000km anti-corrosion warranty. So I am getting this done outside.
  6. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Sadly even I spotted a (small as of yet) rust formation on the panel just besides the red light on top of Punto's boot. Will check further in next FASS visit soon.
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    May be a matter of dealing with missing sealants at the joints. Have a look at mine http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd/8114-absolute-emotion-5.html#post841891929
    FASS have applied sealants to those locations and touched it up. No idea how long it's going to last.
    1 person likes this.
  8. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    mods, you can close this thread.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Actually, this is not the mud-flap but the wheel arch liner.
  10. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you for giving me technical name for that, I do not knew it is called "wheel arch liner" until you mentioned (Rookie in learning mode::T)
    Ramkay guys changed it under warranty :)