1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @svvickky, yes.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm....for 7k claiming insurance for such a small damage isnt wise i guess. Right?
  3. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    I had been to Trend Automobiles once to fix the dent on my rear-left fender, interacted with Anish and got the quote. He took me through the shop and explained me in detail the procedure involved, and gave a quote. It seems to be genuine, however I didn't proceed further and decided to live with it for some more time. For now I have used Com-Paint.
  4. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It isn't. And it was too late before I realised it :(
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Me too would have done the similar (scratchx or polish or paint) if it was just scratches or paint chip off, but this is dent which i really makes me very dissapointed.
    Yes i am planning to go on this weekend. Tomorrow ill call them up and fix an appointment. Btw for you, did he quote high or reasonable compared to FASS?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hmm... was the quote given by Trend guys same compared to insurance claim?
  6. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    I didn't check with FASS, will be doing it when I visit service center next time
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys, after digging a bit deeper, i found this FAQ on claiming insurance for small issues. It explains like this:

"Should I make small claims?
    It sometimes makes sense not to make small claims. Ideally, whenever your vehicle is damaged, get an estimate for the repairs. If the No Claim Bonus you stand to forfeit in the forthcoming year exceeds the estimate, it makes sense not to raise a claim and instead pay for the damage yourself. For example, if your vehicle met with an accident on the 1st year itself and the estimate comes to Rs.2000, you should not make a claim as it is less than the NCB you will bear in the corresponding year which is Rs.2251 (Rs.11257- Rs.9006). "

Source: ://www.bajajallianz.com/.../moto.../motor-policy-faq-ncb.jsp

How many of you buy this? If i consider and calculate my next year premium, the difference would be just 2.5K. So if the quote from trend is less than 2.5k then ill get it done there. else insurance.
    What say?
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Go ahead with the i insurance. The ncb is a gimmick to stop u from making claims. My car is 3 yrs old and I refrain from making claims just because of the ncb.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks like such, but the wait my car has to go through at the FASS in getting all approval crap and stuffs for such minor damage is irritating.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I think u can drive in during the survey and then go back when everything is approved. I normally do that for EW approvals.

They don't allow the car out after a job card is open but if u have good rapport, anything is possible.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.