1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Broken Tow Hook

In another testimony to the Linea's weight , I now have a broken tow hook :D

On our recent trip to Jaisalmer , the front wheels car got stuck in the dunes just about a meter or so off the main road. A 4x4 Bolero arrived from the neighboring village and tried to tow the car using the front tow hook. He decided to take a very wide U-turn in an attempt to get the car back on the road and the hook just snapped halfway through the turn.

The result is now that half of the threaded portion of the hook is stuck inside the socket in the chassis , while the other half lies somewhere among the sands of Jaisalmer. :)

Any thoughts on how the stuck bit can be extracted , and how a better hook can be procured ?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You can drill it out, but with due care.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Go to a welder. He'll weld a handle and screw it out.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    good one ! But it needs careful handling as heat generated might affect the bumper ?
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    2 people like this.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    any gas welder will weld a head to it and then heat it and unscrew it.
    common practice, will cost 20-50rs at max.
  7. ratish

ratish Timido

Hey. Forgot to update. It got fixed by the service center.It was just a 10 minute job.

Sent from my Lenovo A369i using Tapatalk
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ratish,

Did they replace the lock or was it serviced?
  9. ratish

ratish Timido

They serviced

Sent from my Lenovo A369i using Tapatalk
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    New shocker become hard

My Linea has completed 79000 kms.The original shockers lasted for almost 73000 kms.I got the front and rear shockers changed around in July 2013 at 73500 kms.
    Recently I started facing wobbling issue issue..My immediate suspicion was tyres (completed around 40000 kms) since the shockers were new. According to my trusted tryewala the tyres are fine (of course signs of wear is vissible)and the wobbling issue will remain even if the tryes are changed(90% possibility according to him). He felt the FL suspension has become little hard but according to my mechanic Linea suspension is on the harder side and since its gas filled it difficult to pinpoint just by pressing from outside.One has to open the shocker to check the problem.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014