1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Even small cracks can spread over time and become big. Take it to Windshield Experts. They will examine it and suggest the best option - either repair or replace.
  2. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Went to the service center today, but, in vain. Seems this fitting expands and contracts due to change in climate, which is responsible for undulation. They did try to remove the plastic and refit the same.Also the plastic is held by three screws so possibly could be the reason.

Posting some pictures

Before

Photo0451.jpg

After

Photo0453.jpg

However, there was a missing drain plug below the boot lid. Got this fixed during the visit.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Drian plug? Can you post pictures?
  4. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Note Sure if this is called drain plug, but that is what I got to know at service center, used to drain out water in case collected in the boot lid. (Picture may not be clear took from my phone camera)
    Photo0455.jpg

Pair of them, one was missing.
    Photo0457.jpg
  5. I too faced this problem (plastic on circumference ..) in my linea .. and i fixed it by mayself.. I used ARALDITE adhesive .. which u can purches from any hardware shop cost around 35-40Rs..

No need to go to service center just try it by urself
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I too am facing this issue in my Punto where the plastic right below the wipers on front windscreen are coming off losse. This is causing the small twigs, leaves to get stuck in the gaps and in the process of removing the same the gap widens. I guess the washing of the windscreen is causing this. I hope Araldite will help in this case.
  7. satishbossn

satishbossn Novizio

Chennai
    Noise from the Front Left Suspension of My Linea MJD?

Whenever i Drive the car in speed breaker or pot holes I geting strange noise from front Left Suspension of My Linea
    I want to know whats the real issue?
    Since I done my car 2nd service RDC Fiat chennai unable to sort the issue
    Even after Giving the car another time they still feel no clue to solve the minor issue

Its really frustrating when they asking 2 or 3 days to solve Minor issue?
    Whether any issue regarding suspension problems change will come under warranty?
    or some one tell-me how is Ramkay Service chennai?
  8. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Can you be a little more specific on the type of noise you are getting? Off the top of my head you could check the link rods or elastic pads. Did the car bottom out sometime recently as this could also just be a case of the sump guard needing straightening but since RDC has already looked at it I would like to rule these out. If I am not wrong the warranty for the suspension is covered till 35K.
  9. satishbossn

satishbossn Novizio

Chennai
    some cracking sound when the car got in bumps or small breakers and uneven roads....
  10. ★RID3R★

★RID3R★ Timido

HSR
    Any Chrome Accessories for Punto

Hello Friends,

Hope I am on the right section to ask questions. I am sure you all are enjoying the great FIAT.

I was wondering if there are any chrome accessories for Grande Punto Available in market ? Such as Chrome Window Garnish, Boot Strip, Bumper Strip, Grill or something like that for Exterior Body.

I saw for Polo, Verna etc. But always heard NO from the Auto Shoppes in market. Any of you heard about these accessories ?

It would be great if you guys can share the good exterior/interior accessories here.

Best Regards,
    /Paras