1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I dont think the stalk plastic quality is bad.According to me its heavy duty compare to Maruti , Hyundai (have compared with the one in my Verna) but end of the day its plastic so no extra force/jerk should be applied.Warranty is not valid in case of plastic breakage.

I can understand it cost lot of money but the manufacturer cant be blamed for our mistakes.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. azsemahmed

azsemahmed

Thane
    Hey Ganges,
    Thnx a lot, yeh I must agree this post on TFI os addictive as i went thru it lyk 10 times before writing u. Glad to knw urs working f9.

I enquired with Kava on a phone call, they are mentioning there are no separate switches for with n without airbags; planning to go down to their shop in a few days.

99rpm website quotes 7.5k for the switch, still feels its expensive!

Shall keep you posted.

Thanks once again buddy :-D
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i just saw this yesterday.. IMG-20130922-00910.jpg
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Never leave the metal exposed especially in rains.Get it done with rust treatment on the area.If u still delay it will spread.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  5. Today a moron biker rammed my tjet from when i stopped at signal and damaged the bumper.Does the bumper require replacement or can it be brought back normal condition through heat moulding and will the accident have any impact on chassis?
    20131014_192844.jpg 20131014_192902.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    @drsidiyengar, heat treatment might help as I don't see any cracks, but paint job might be required to get back the finish.

With respect to chassis - these cars are not impacted by such minor accidents, be kool !!
  7. shubham91

shubham91 Novizio

patiala
    Scratches

Gud afternoon and happy diwali all enthusiast fiatins. Due to diwala there has been quite a lot traffic all around and due to this my italian beauty has been scratched.
    Yesterday I parked my car in parking in the market and some idiot fellow has scratched it on the front and back bumpers from sides and I am really sad so please help me with the solution to get rid of these. ybugydum.jpg 4aryha4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    One of them can be polished away it seems. The other can be handled by the com paint DIY kit.

Practically though, the first scratches are always the most heartbreaking. But leave them as is. One or two scratches on the car aren't that bad. They help keep "evil eyes off the car" . LOL.
    6 people like this.
  9. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    It doesn't look deep , can be handled easily
    Get some good rubbing compound and polish or get touch up from Fiat ASS

Dont worry

Happy Diwali

tk cre
  10. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Right Quarter Glass and Left Wheel Arch cover damaged

Hi folks,

Came back from a trip to Kodakanal, lots of things happened on this trip. Now cutting short the episode, I had left my key in boot and closed it and with Kodaikanal having no FIAT service, I had to depend on RSA which was not reachable for 2-3 hours, it was just going to Voice recording.

When I called FIAT helpline, they also refused to help saying they cant do anything as I will have to reach through RSA, we tried figuring our way out and only option that we could think of was removing quarter glass and opening gate, in this process GLASS got damaged.

Finally we could get through RSA and they sent someone and he also did same thing :(
    I though they might use some key and stuff, anyway they opened the back arm rest and tore a cloth to get access to boot and finally retrieved the key.

Now onto damages:

1> Right Quarter GLASS
    2> The think clothing between backseat and boot, though it can be stiched as well.
    3> Right wheel arch cover

Arch cover came off the nuts while we were driving and started hitting tire and in this process got burnt.

Now coming over to it. I have a Zero Dep insurance from Bharati AXA. I anyway had to get my front bumper replaced/painted due to scratches.
    Now can I claim both of it in same claim ? I mean Bumper, arch cover and quarter glass ?

Quarter glass is almost 3500-4000 bucks.
    Please suggest.

Thanks