1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I know for a fact, yes. 2011 T-Jet is 170mm above ground.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Suspension upgrade of LINEA MJD 2012

I thought we were discussing about MJD.
    Yes. Pre 2012 GC for Tjet is 165mm. For Tjet+ its 170mm.
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Difference between petrol and diesel is 4mm less for diesel, as far as I know. Add the increase from 16in wheels and such on the top end model, I believe the height for top model diesel with 16in wheels on old suspension would be 166mm.. right?
  4. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello all ,Thanks all of you for valuable suggestions. Mine is Feb-12 manufactured car.Linea MJD Emotion.235/55/16 is the tyre size-180mm GC.I have to keep 175 mm GC atleast.The road condition in kerala(cochin) is too bad.I usually go to Coimbatore via vaniampara-vadakkencherry-valayar ghat route.For this good GC is a must.Better to have a SUV for this route. I am not for Bilstein-but exploring a good one which gives good ride and handling.As I am not a racing type driver;_max speed I take is 100kmph on straight and cornering at very low speeds-I need a setup suitable for plush ride.If I go for pre 2012 setup and tyre with higher side wall profile(suitable for the present alloys of 16 inch(5 of them),I won't get 175mm GC minimum.I am waiting to get a suitable one.One more thing-my ride is not too much bouncy on moderate rough roads.But,if the road is slightly more rough with medium pot holes,the left and right -up and down shaking effect,(pitching?)is too much. This is due to the stiff springs.So I am waiting..... for

- - - Merged Post - - -
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  5. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello, I have used Land cruiser/BMW/Mercedes -outside India.These rides were as if going through butter.(the roads are like that).At that time actually I didn't cared about what brand suspension brand is with them .Now I am in India,(once in India I became a miser-not ready to spend a penny unnecessarily).Is it possible to have that type ride in my Lnea with suitable set up within 1 lakh rupees.For my Linea,in march 2012,I have spend 10 lakhs on road.At that time VW vento was 11.53 lakhs on road.I did n't consider VW.So my plan was to change suspension with ! lakh,so that the ride will be butter ride with a total cost of 11 lakhs.Another 30k for tuning the engine.My dream was aFIAT with reasonable power- 105 bhp- plus plush ride like a higher end car.
  6. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Sat, how would you compare BS MY-02 to Michelin PLC? I read about super soft walls on PLC, and thought MY-02 would be the best balance between the hardness of NCT5 (stock) and softness of PLC..
  7. Michelin is soft but not super fort and side wall is thicker than yoko C drive, i haven't seen MY-02 so can't comment.
  8. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    If it's confusing to pick between two brands (say, Michelin PLC and Yokohama AVS dB) or tyres that are known to use soft compounds, check if the size you're interested in has any special sidewall reinforcement (for instance, the 205/55 R16 (tjet plus size) Yokohama AVS dB is marked "RF" (runflat?) which should mean stronger-than-otherwise sidewalls).
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  9. sunilbsp

sunilbsp Timido

Bangalore
    Small Round opening in the Front Bumper

Hello Fiatians,

Have a quick question. Anyone know what is that round detachment in the front bumper? I thought its for towing the vehicle

Thanks
    Sunil

- - - Merged Post - - -

Its in a Fiat punto, sorry forgot to mention