1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: Door Handle prob

i had a similar issue with the rear door. and eventually it just refused to open. this is nothing but a fault. just get your door set, and it will be solved. tell them to loosen up the lock a bit. the degree of leverage will reduce and you will be able to open the door easily.
  2. Spot Welding issue - Grande Punto

Hello Guys,

I have recently purchased Grande Punto and facing some noise at the co-passenger seat ( Near Door Knob). I have visited twice at Tata Motors Nerul and that problem got rectified for a day. Then again that noise have started and visited again at same service station. Now they are saying that there is some 'spot welding' issue which was not properly done/handled while in manufacturing plant.

Can some advise me how to escalate this matter?

Thanks
    Piyush
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: Spot Welding issue - Grande Punto

If its spot welding issue, ask the dealer to get the part replaced under warranty.
  4. Re: Spot Welding issue - Grande Punto

Yes , i agree but I think it should highlighted to Fiat ?
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

send an e-mail to service@fiapl.com

Maybe the SC is trying to put the blame on Fiat just because they are not able to solve it !!

I have serious doubts that spot welding is the issue here.
  6. Re: Spot Welding issue - Grande Punto

Thanks for the reply. As I have just spoken to site supervisor and told him to give me detail description about the problem. Initially he was hesitated but agreed to send me some description of the problem. He also told me that he can sort out this problem in couple of days as right now rush in the station. But I will definitely send email to the id mentioned above and hope to see and find out whether it's really a manufacturing fault or some problem with services station guys.
    Thanks again for sharing email id.
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Yes, take it to Fiat management.
    Some SCs think that they are very smart and always try to give "Goli" to customer. We need to teach lesson to them so that they have to think before moving away from facts.
  8. trance_nut

trance_nut

New Delhi
    Plastic welding in Delhi

Hi,

A stupid car owner gave his Wagon R keys this morning to his car cleaner, who it seems wanted to learn how to drive a car in the society. He ended up reversing straight in my parked punto :A . The left headlight cracked, and there is a 3 inch crack in the front bumper where it meets the bonnet. Luckily the bonnet didn't get damaged.
    The H/L will be replaced (around 4K). What to do about the bumper? A new bumper with painting will be around 4K (confirmed with A.S.S)
    The bumper is absolutely in perfect shape other than that 3 inch crack. The hooks haven't broken, no paint has come off, the grills are intact.
    I was thinking would plastic welding help in this case. I have seen a few cases where cracks worse than mine have been fixed, though i do not know the details of the process.
    Could someone help me with any details of plastic welders here in Delhi. Also what do you suggest, should i go in for a new bumper and claim insurance for the whole (including H/L), and ask the owner of the Wagon R to pay the money that i pay through my pocket + the NCB.
  9. Re: Plastic welding in Delhi

Sir, No plastic welding and all that crap. Remember it was a parked Punto. Get it replaced and smack that Wagon R owner if he refuses to pay. This is stupid. Let him pay and don;t go for welding and stuff.
  10. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Re: Plastic welding in Delhi

You can go for a new bumper, I suppose its not that expensive ( @ 2.5K + PAINTING CHARGES ), u can find prices on a thread SPARE PART PRICES,

+ U CAN GET REIMBURSMENT FROM WAGON R OWNER !!!

ATUL