1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Octane ji, Thankyou very much.As you have suggested,I am planning to do the same.I am waiting to make use of the present suspension/tyres.Now I have driven only 18ooo km.Meanwhile looking for good brand set up which gives smooth drive and good handling.I know one is related to other.If best handling is opted,the suspension should be stiff and vice versa.I have checked with Bilstein.But i9n cochin,only for Punto it is available.And the butter suspension is not possible with it.Anyway,if any member has any suggestion for my needs, please advise/give suggestion.In a nut shell what I am looking is a comfortable ride as in high end cars like BMW,Mercedes.
  2. Dr.Stephen,

Cheaper option than Bilstien is to swap your current tire to Michilin PLC, btw Bilstien is much stiffer than you current suspension.
  3. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Bilstiens are for better cornering abilities, those are very hard suspensions. If you want a comfortable ride install the pre2012 suspension and put tyres with higer side wall hieght to increase ground clearance. You may want to upgrade to 16" wheels to get more GC. Whats your current tyre size?
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Get Pre 2012 Suspension and 16 Inch tyre/wheel set up,will give you 170mm GC.
  5. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    170mm on diesel variant?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Suspension upgrade of LINEA MJD 2012

Per 2012 suspension with 16" wheel will only make the GC at 166 mm.
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    And this 166mm is good or bad? Secondly, how much lower will it be with a fully loaded car?
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Pre 2012 MJD with 15" wheels are 161 mm GC. The lowest of any FIAT. There are a number of people driving these cars without complaints. The Skoda Suberb has 158 mm GC. We spend a lot of time discussing about GC, but do nothing to improve our roads.

Rajan
  9. Go to Petes and ask for what you are looking at.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

AFAIK Tjet had 170mm isnt it?