1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

I got my both side headlamps repalced twice under warranty
  2. Very Useful thread. Went for free service camp @ KHT last week and the SA told to go for teflon and anti rust coating. You guys saved 5k atleast
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  4. chandu

Navi Mumbai
    Small paint chipping and rust

My GP is now 40 months old (really don’t like calling it old), well drove it for 36K, with really no major issues I am a greatly satisfied customer of Fiat GP.
    My beauty:

Major replacement which took place on my beauty was the strut bearing replacement at 26K, it was replaced under extended warranty my post : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/pre-sales...ring-replacement-under-extended-warranty.html
    Another major expense was the windshield. It was not my mistake or anyone else’s. While I was travelling back home from my work something hit my car from left side, however I didn't notice anything then. The next day morning when I walked to my car I saw a small crack born from the left side of the wind screen. Within a couple of days the crack extended all over the left side of the windscreen. So I went to windshield expert Chembur and replaced it, which costed me 1500 and remaining was born by the insurance company.

Now I am noticing small spots on the car, looks small paint chipping and the rust craving in, however I am not very sure about it.

I have not done anything about it, nor have I contacted the service center, hence wanted your thoughts and suggestions.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

These chippings are from stones that hit your car at high speed after being throw-ed by car in front or side tyres. Get it patched up using cloth so that it doesn't rust.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

spray some wD40 on that and get it painted after getting rust treatment asap.
  7. ratish

ratish Timido

Driver side lock having some problem

The car has clocked 14500 KM and has been serving me well without any fuss so far. But for past 1 week the driver side door lock is showing some problem. It started with failing to open using remote key one evening. Placed my hand on the door to feel if the lock motor is working. Seems there is no electrical signal coming to motor at this point of time. Somehow got recovered after some time. But now this issue has become prevalent with it not responding most of the times. Even it does not coordinate with the auto lock system. I guess this should be a minor loose connection issue with the motor or so. Please let me know if anyone faced similar problem.
  8. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Suspension upgrade of LINEA MJD 2012

Good afternoon, I am planning to change my current suspension setup(springs/ Dampeners) of my Linea MJD Feb. 2012 model car to a set up which give smooth ride with reasonable handling and a 175mm GC. My top speed is only 100 kmph (only on open high ways).This up gradation is because of my aged mom.I am ready to spend up to 60,000.Members who have done ,and know about appropriate brand please respond and help.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You cannot choose a GC of your choice. :)

The only option for you is to get the pre 2012 suspension setup. And the GC of your car will come down to 166mm, considering that you have 16" wheels in your car. Few have already done this on their Punto. It should be possible with Linea too and may cost you around 15k (+/- 5k).

See further information here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-iss...-give-your-contact-details-10.html#post186835

Note:- My suggestion is purely based on what Fiat provides. I haven't considered any after market products to make the GC at 175 mm.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  10. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

I think you should downgrade to a pre 2012 suspension. I know many guys here have already said it to you and that's what I too have to say. Mine is a Linea with a GC of 163mm and what touches the road in most cases are the mud flaps. Now mine is a 15 inch alloy and yours with 16 inchers will have a GC around 170mm which I feel is more than enough for a sedan unless you plan to use it roughly. My polo has a GC 170mm and I have scrapped its underbody only once when I missed a hump. But unlike the Polo Linea has a strong engine guard which offers excellent protection. The trick is to take large humps and potholes sideways. I take my linea to the pothole filled Cochin in weekends and I have not scrapped the underbody in the immediate past. Ride quality is one of the strong point of Linea as no other car in the 12lakh category can match it. So is the handling. If you are not satisfied with it, you are not enjoying your fiat the way it is to be. All of us slow down when we see potholes. That is enough to protect your car in most cases. Even if something hits the underbody, engine guard will do its duty of protecting the engine. There are many other cars in our market which people buy in large numbers which has even lower GC without engine guard( Honda city). My advice, go get a 2011 suspension for 10k. Save the remaining cash and when you change your tyres get those ones which would help in improving GC. Ride quality will impress anyone who would travel in your car. You will also get improved handling and looks. With the original suspension you will smile everytime you take your Linea out and that too especially if you have a second car. That's what i do when I take my Linea out after driving the Polo. 2011 suspension isn't that low like what you think.