1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

I honestly suggest, wait for 15 k kms service, till then in bangalore city you might come across such freak things due to 2 wheelers, autos and et all.

it happened witm me as well, as soon as i shifted to bangalore, a biker stooped on my bumper at a signal, then on numerous times it repeated , resulting in small scratches and dents on bumper and on mirror sides.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Prash, i thought that the scratch is too deep, if its not then you can very well use filler and paint job. Once the front bumper of a friend's Logan car was pierced and the service guy was mentioning about this air welding for repairing. As i mentioned, usually the whole bumper is painted. I don't know the reason exactly but a paint shop guy said that they will be using a particular paint and they cannot store it after completing a small job and so they do the entire bumper. My earlier wagon R's front bumper had some hair scratch (lots of them) when i asked the paint shop guy to give a touch up he said that he has to paint the full bumper. Also, another time when my punto got some dents in the rear, the service center guy said that to avoid the differences in color (old and new) they do a larger portion. Dont know which one is correct as both seems logically true.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

grill removal

I have bought a new Front lower grill for my Linea emotion but am not able to remove the old grill.I have tried to pull the grill out but it wont move.Advise guys.
  4. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

YOu would need to open the bumper to remove the grill completely, and safely as well.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

6. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Headlamp blackening

I wonder how many of you have observed but the headlamps of the Linea tend to turn smoked / burnt.
    I guess its due to the heat generation within the headlamp area and no outlet for the same.
    I have observed a number of older Lineas with the problem.
    I am not sure if the same problem persists with Punto headlamps.
    I think FIAT India should definitely look at this flaw or maybe source a different vendor for their headlamps.

Mine is a relatively new car, but I am worried about my lamps getting smoked.
    Also I am not sure if people have actually upgraded their bulbs leading to the burnt/smoked headlamps.

Uploading a sample image picked from the web
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Manish did you change the OEM bulbs?

What spec bulb you are using.
  8. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Hi Kedar,

I haven't changed anything in my car.
    This is just a concern since I have observed a number of Linea's with such lamps.
    I am only raising this concern to prevent the same from occuring in my car
    If incase its a defect, I would like to get them replaced at a later stage and bring FIAT's attention to the same.
  9. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Linea 1.4
  10. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Spot on Manish. Facing the issue with my car currently. Left headlamp has turned into smoked headlamp... and no kedar I haven't changed any bulbs.

I think this is a quality issue in per 2010 models. Post 2010 cars seem to have clean headlamps, even after 2.5 years.