1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Thanks a lot Italia-Linea.

I went today morning at Pandit Auto workshop. Met Rahul Jadhav (I found him the best) and he told me that link rod and lower arm needs to be replaced. Will check with Swanand Inamdar.There does not seem to be problem in suspension kit. He said he will try if lower arm can be replaced in warranty as car has just run 22K kms. So some push will be really required to get this thru warranty. So if you can help that would be great :)
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Standard+extended warranty covers suspension and other related parts for 35000 kms. So lower arm can be changed under warranty. I will speak with Rahul too once.
  3. Pradeepsrec

Pradeepsrec

Chennai
    Punto right OVRM fell down without any impact

Hi All,

We just took the delivery of Punto last Friday and it was driven just < 130 KMS. We took the car to get the registration plates fixed and on our way back home the right hand side OVRM fell down and broke into pieces. However, we did complain to the people in showroom about some rattling noise in the right OVRM, but, they advised the mirrors are all OK. I hope RDC Chennai will replace the mirror and hope they have spares at their service centre.
    Could you please help me to understand how the mirrors are fixed to the cup? We will make sure to notice if it becomes loose next time.

PS:- Its so bad to see such a poor QA check on a brand new car. May be, we can include the check in PDI so that no one else faces this issue.

Regards,
    Pradeep
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  4. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

I doubt it's a assembly mistake, which is missed in PDI.
    Mirror is just a clip type fixing. Taking few examples from other cars.

18062011088.jpg

ABCD0015.JPG
    Image source: other forum
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Punto right OVRM fell down without any impact

RDC has stock of the mirrors. Costs Rs 267.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Scratch on the rear bumper-HELP!!

My car has got a scratch on the rear bumper when I was at a busy location. I could not even see who did it since there were so many vehicles behind me.
    The scratch is pretty deep just next to the rear fog lamps and I can see the black portion of the bumper. I just could not imagine seeing it and was down the whole evening.

Need help in getting this removed. My first service has still some time to go. Should I wait for it or get it done from a local paint shop. I am attaching the photos to show how deep it is.

DSC01697_1.jpg

DSC01698_1.jpg
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Its pretty bad. Sorry for you. It needs filling, grinding and then repainting. Talk with the local paint shop. More over i think the service center will charge more as they will be repainting the whole bumper.

Something like this need to be done. Ensure these can be done in your local paint shop.

Hot Air Welding Hot Air Welder Bumper Repair - YouTube
  8. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Sathishgv: Thanks for the input. I could see from the video that welding is done on both the sides. The scratch depth here is around 1mm and width around 2mm. I dont think this requires welding from both the sides. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Just a question: Can we just add the filler, sand it and then touch up with paint?
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ That's about it. Doesn't look like the bumper fibre is broken, it's just a deep scratch. Filler and Paint will be good enough. Should be a quick job at a painter outside. Just ensure they match the paint properly.
  10. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Just checked out with a painter outside. He says that the sand paper should be rubbed for the whole bumper and the repainting done. The total cost quoted is 1200. I think it is too much for this work. I will be enquiring from other paint shops. Suggestions for shops welcome.