1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Rear Windshield roller for Punto 1.2

Hi Guys,

I am planning to get the rear windshield roller for my Punto(similar to the one used in the Linea T-Jet). I was able to spot the same in Shopclues website. Now the query I have is does this thing fit the Punto? :confused:
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Just get any generic one from an auto accessory shop which fits in the Punto.

Bear in mind, some holes might need to be drilled in the roof lining etc. Plus the fact that they don't last much - But, the one in the Linea is not exactly a high quality item either.
  3. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Gurijinder, Thanks for the reply. I have decided it is better not to get one. I don't really like drilling anything in the vehicle ;)
  4. PuntoOwner

PuntoOwner Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    i need the same info from pune guys, does anyone knows some good denting /painting mechanic with fiat car knowledge .i need to carry out some work in my GP
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Try with the Sai Colorium as given by Ravi in the above post.

But, why would one need to have Fiat car knowledge for this work?
  6. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Rituraj - You can put in Sai Colorium. Carz is there in ORR near Bellandur; they too do painting. The Carnation is there in ORR near Kadubisanahalli and in Bannerughatta Road. Don't know whether 3M Car Care does painting but they do detailing.

@PuntoOwner - For Pune you PM amogh. He might be having handy information.
  7. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Line Ground Clearance - front suspension problems

I did an ground clearance upgrade for my Linea on May'12. After that the car has run for around 4000 kms. Lately there has been lot of squeaking noise in front suspension. The noise is more pronounced on rough roads. I have been using the car in city use only.

I have given my car to Pandit Auto, Tilak road yesterday. The advisor said that the warranty of the spare parts is just for six months. So, if there is problem if at all in the front suspension, I will have to bear the cost.

Has any one faced similar problem in your car after ground clearance kit upgrade?

My questions -
    a) Is the warranty on Fiat parts just for six months?
    b) I'm puzzled that after spending close to 21,000 on ground clearance kit (suspension + strut pads etc), how can the parts fail in mere 4000 kms? I have then serious questions on quality of the parts.
    c) Will it be fruitful to take this issue with Fiat?
  8. iamalpine

iamalpine Timido

I don't think fiat has got engineers or service personnel to take care of issues anywhere in India. I have a Tjet which I have now driven for close to 40K kms along with a punto (35k) both approx 21 months old now. I started facing issue in the suspension of my linea almost 6-7 months back. Now since I drive both the vehicles and drive them quite extensively any change in handling or drive feel is known quickly to me. I kept complaining to TASS who said no tyre pressure is not proper, roads are not proper, this is how a linea drives etc etc....i kept a escalation going on with TASS as well as fiat and after 4-5 months fiat directed tass to get another dealer to look at it. Who looked and said the suspensions needs to be changed. They changed it. Post which those issues are gone. But now there are other issues with respect to handling. Which I have highlighted to TASS. But its the same old reply. sir gaadi aise heee chalta hai....
    I believe there is no quality support available with fiat. If there is a proper service centre where they can hook up the car to monitor everything properly they should know what parts are showing different variables as compared to others. But that quality and time does not exists with the support structure available currently. I guess we have got to live with it.

I even contemplated selling both my cars at one point of time. Because whats the meaning of driving something that cant be serviced properly.
    I have asked fiat now to let me know last week if they have quality personnel who can check the linea and if yes where are they. They are surely not at TASS.

2 people like this.
  9. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

i just got mine done on 1st december. around 2000kms till now which included the factory visit and 2 return trips to my native place at Ratnagiri. i havent had the issues you mentioned (YET) will keep a track on this and share.
    BTW my 2nd trip to and fro Ratnagiri, fully loaded with 4.5 of us and a boot full of goodies from my farm (fruits, vegetables etc), the new suspension really paid off and i did not have a single 'touchdown' down there. i am really happy with my Linea now.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Maverick , the service advisor is right process wise. Part warranty is only 6 months. But you have a fitted an upgrade kit. Let them find out what exactly is the problem. Meet Swanand Inamdar and let him know your ordeal. Also ask him whether Fiat intervention is needed to solve this warranty issue. Next course i will definitely help you. :)