1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Any such accident first thing u should do is call police if the other person is demanding money.No money is available under law if ur papers r intact.
  2. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check with 3M care center in the HSR Layout. It is near the sweet chariot behind the BDA complex (Take right turn in the first signal after crossing silk board towards Marathalli).
  3. binaiks

binaiks

Bangalore
    In my experience with the police in Karnataka, both parties will end up paying the cops, and having to leave our cars at the police station for one day. I really see no point in the entire exercise.
  4. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Any reliable shop for paint touchup jobs ?

Hi folks,

Tried digging around in forum, but could not find any thread on this.
    I have Tuscan Wine Linea and recently on my highway drive, an Indica tried to squeeze in and left her bruised.

There is a small paint peel off (black surface visible) and some scratches on rear left tyre cover.
    Please suggest any shop in Bangalore who can do a neat job, dont want to get it done at showrooms as they will charge a fortune :)
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  6. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    I am from Pune, and i thought the information posted below might be of help to people from pune.

On the evening of Diwali my car suffered its first dent on the rear right door, thanks to a biker who was with other 2 of his friends on the same bike.
    I was really upset.
    I thought of getting it dented and painted at the first service.
    see the image below.

IMG_2811.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

I thought may be the first scratch / dent is the hardest to digest.
    I was supposed to be proved wrong.

Exactly one week later, on my way to office, i was waiting at a busy intersection.
    as soon as the signal turned green the traffic started crawling, the i10 owner driving ahead of me decided to slam the brakes and turn right after giving indication.
    I stopped my car almost immediately. However, the sumo driver behind me wanted to move right and misjudged the distance, ramming the rear- right side of my car. the bumper was full of scratches.

See the images below.

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

well, it hurt equally..

A friend suggested to get a puja done, another suggested to get holy water sprinkled on the car.

I was to attend my cousins wedding in 2 days.
    Denting and painting would've taken around a week, so i started searching online.

thanks to drarvindc's post

I got the contact details of a dent-er who fixes dents and specializes in paint-less dent removal and fiber (bumper) dents.
    I called him up and inquired on the same day, he asked me to email him the pictures of the dents.
    He later called me up and informed that the dent on the rear can be fixed but not the one on the side as the dent was on the crease.

The person has his shop set-up at Bibvewadi, but he offered to come to my place and fix it.
    He was at my place an hour later and started working on the car.

He used a hook kinda plastic thingy and industrial adhesive.
    see the Image below.

IMG_2818.JPG

He used a tool which has a fixed and a moving metal block. He slams the moving part on the fixed one. I hope you guys can make out from the picture how the dent is fixed.
    He does this on several part of the dent one by one until its fixed.

IMG_2821.JPG

He also used a solution which took care of all the scratches on the bumper. When asked he informed that it is a mixture of mild thinner and another chemical, mostly polish.

The only thing can't be fixed are creases.
    The result are below:

IMG_2823.JPG

IMG_2824.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

IMG_2828.JPG

I have to say that i am impressed by the outcome.
    The price was very reasonable.

Contact details:

Shrinath Car denting Services.
    Sudhir Gaikwad : +91-9552629516

Drop me a PM for more info.
    6 people like this.
  7. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    At least that looks better than before.

How much did he charge you for that?
  8. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Awesome work, is there anyone in delhi who has similar specialization?
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I have his no stored as Denting Gaikwad. Never tried his services though. I think he charges Rs.500 per dent.
  10. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    It is 900 Per dent now. that is negotiable.
    I got both of them fixed at 1000 bucks, as the second dent could not be repaired completely.
    The guy is well educated and well spoken. Not the typical denter/mechanic.
    1 person likes this.