1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Really sorry to hear about your car...Only the mirror can be purchased from any fiat SC,it shouldnt cost more than 600 bucks...
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  3. kvharesh

kvharesh Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you Arnab. The Mirror got replaced today for Rs. 267. Took 15 Mins to get that installed.:p

- - - Merged Post - - -

The Mirror got replaced today for Rs. 267 at TASS took 15 Mins to get that installed.:p, Thanks for the valuble info.
    1 person likes this.
  4. binaiks

binaiks

Bangalore
    A minor accident - please suggest a good body shop

Call it a bad day! I had a minor accident this morning. I was driving to office from my home in Bannerghatta road. It was around 0730 in the morning.

I was just past the Sagar Hospital Jn on Bannerghatta Road. There was an Indica (taxi) in front of me, and an omni on the right. I was overtaking the indica, when the omni suddenly decides to cut towards me. At the same time, the indica in the front slams his brake hard. I had no time for reflex - my car went and hit the Indica (I accept the fault - I back ended another car).

The indica's rear combi lamp was broken and there was a scratch on its body. The taxi driver saw that mine was a KL registered vehicle - he immediately started shouting out in Kannada, and a whole lot of auto guys joined in. He demanded 5000 in compensation - I offered to go to the police station. The Indica had passengers in it. Finally settled for 1000 in compensation.

My car's damages:

The front left fender is dented. The front left headlamp casing is broken (the left turn indicator is not working now). Whole lot of paint marks on the bumper.
    2012-11-29 07.50.35.jpg

I spoke to a guy in the Body Shop at Concorde (Hosur Road) - his estimate was as below:

Headlight Rs. 2000. Front fender denting & painting Rs. 4500. Front bumper painting Rs. Rs. 4000.

Are the rates normal?

Any suggestions about a good Body shop?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh unfortunate, but these things happens and good that it got settled in Rs. 1000.

For denting and painting, there is no standards. Negotiate.

Or you can get the headlight fixed at Concorde and get the body work done at SAI COLORIUM
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yours seem to be a minimal grey punto.
    Are those white patches on the bumper scratches or the indica's paint? If it is paint, you remove it easily and wont need repainting.
    Yes, head lamp costs around 2000. Dent removal and painting can be done outside tass. Some memebers had good experience with Sai Colorium. You can check out.
  7. binaiks

binaiks

Bangalore
    Yes. The white patches are from Indica. I was also considering getting it painted from outside. The rates quoted by TASS are way too much for the quantum of work.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i believe even for a service center, the rates quoted are high! painting for bumper should not be more than 3000 and denting/painting for fender not more than 3500. as others suggested, its best to get the bodywork done from sai, u will get same/better quality for much cheaper rates. and as fiatlover said, bumper looks ok to me. clean the indica paint and u will have only minor ignorable scratches visible.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Get a bottle of nail polish remover solution, costing rs 100/-. Take 2-3 drops of it on cotton and rub off the white paint. They will vanish in two minutes. That will leave you with just the fender damage and the headlamp to repair.
    People might say that nail polish remover will damage paint, etc,. But I would say it is totally safe.
    1 person likes this.
  10. I also had similar scratches, tried 3M rubbing compound, but it didn't help. Mine is TW, so didn't want to take chances with local guys. So I painted the front bumper(full) & half of rear bumper for 5618 (5K+Tax) last week from ASS. As others suggested, you can get the headlight replaced from Concorde & try some good body shop for the bumpers.