1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    i think you should give a visit to 3M DETAILING centers. May be they can do something.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Sriram, its looking like tar marks. Please check with 3M, ask them to apply 3M rubbing material on Mirror cap first to check if the same will remove. Check also if this marks aren't from any paint. If removed then try the same in bumper too. It may help.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Try washing the car except for windshields with diesel... that worked for me to remove tar marks.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I believe you went to Privilege MotoMall. Back off from them. Please give 3M guys a try. They are good.
  5. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Those black dots look exactly like the tar spots I had on my 90hp.
    Rub some diesel/kerosene/Wd40 on one particular area & wash off with shampoo & water. If they disappear, they are probably tar spots and you can do the same pn all affected areas, and afterwards if possible, spray some wax on the surfaces & wipe off.
    I hope this works.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Instead of using diesel, petrol or nail polish remover try rubbing compound. It will work.

Looking at those sports, I think thats a tar.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Instead of using diesel, petrol or nail polish remover try rubbing compound. It will work.

Looking at those sports, I think thats a tar.
  7. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Hi,

I used Zorrik spray (WD 40) and tried removing the spots from the mirror shells and windshield using my bare hands and spent 2.5 hours to complete the job.

I am still not sure if the grim was from a spray gun or whether they are tar spots. I am sure the shop walas are not taking responsibility.

Sriram.R

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Yeah, right, well the painful part is they were firm about their stance and claiming a additional 2500 bucks to clear off the entire thing.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Did you speak to Pawan, if not I would recommend to.

I've been regular there, but haven't been there recently. They were meticulous but didn't know what happened.
  9. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    ajesh

I co-ordinated with one Rajesh, who was courteous but the explanation he gave me for the tar spots/paint spray was pathetic and so fake sounding. He claims i would have been driving through a narrow stretch where some one would been performing spray paint job and that would have settled down uniformly.
    sort
    When i showed him that the spots were so uniform and looked so meticulously laid out the whole front, which unless the car was parked in a close proximity to a paint bay would not happen otherwise, made him dumbstruck.

I just walked out when i did not accept and bargained for a additional 2500 to sort out the issue.

I got diesel today, shall update my feedback once i am done tomorrow with my trial.
  10. kvharesh

kvharesh Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My 36 days old GP Sport 90 HP got hurt by bike....!

Today for the first time my Car got hurt by a bike.... Who was trying to cross the signal on orange light.

I was returning from office, everyone stopped seeing the amber signal, a biker came from my right to jump the signal and hit my cars driver side ORVM, and he did not bothered to look back and ran away.

The mirror fell on road and broken into pieces. :( the external part of the ORVM is perfect. Would like to know if I have to go for complete or only the mirror can be replaced....? And what would be the cost of mirror and the ORVM. I have checked the electronics inside the shell is working fine.

I don't want to see my car like that... Help me...