1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. The torn part can be stitched,but dont take chances with the tyre,replace it ASAP...Once it is torn it will be prone to punctures,and might burst also...
  2. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    That is exactly what i was thinking, how much does the JK tornado 14 inches cost ?
  3. maverick

maverick Amatore

You can also claim insurance since it is a new car. The torn thing is not the bumper, but the wheel well cover. You should get 50% reimbursed for the tyre as well as the tron thing if you claim insurance. Please refrain from using the damaged tyre as it is too dangerous to drive around with a trye having damaged side wall.
  4. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    I did not know that even the tyre was covered in the insurance.
    50% is not bad..
    I dont have the courage to put that tyre in and drive the car.

Any idea how much should 1 tyre cost?
  5. 3.5 k approx i guess..

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

tyre comes under wear and tear part,its not covered under insurance..
  6. maverick

maverick Amatore

I beg to differ, an year back a similar incident happened to my car, the only difference was it fell in a pothole, the tyre side wall got damaged, the alloy also had a small bent. Took it to TASS, they said since the car is new , I can claim insurance on the tyre and the alloy.

Untitled11.jpg
  7. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Help needed urgent. Car bumper, windshield, rear view mirror shells have dirt grim.

Hi All,

As my Title line mentions, i want to keep the subject short, i recently opted for exterior package which includes exterior washing, engine bay cleaning, interior vacuuming and surface polish from a reputed person (company /shop rather) and was charged Rs. 1500/_

During delivery time itself i witnessed deep multiple scratches in the C pillar (right side) (damage was numerous small dings and all damaged areas were exposed till the bone i mean steel) which was unknown to me earlier , upon questioning, the responsibility was not at all taken and was blamed that Bikers would have done it outside somewhere, though i was 200% sure that no biker stays close to my parking either in office nor at home. i was very disappointed.

Secondly, after a couple of days of taking delivery i saw tiny/minute black soot kind of dust particles that have got lodged in the entire front bumper area/ Entire front windshield/ Both rear view mirror shells. i was shocked to witness it . the whole surface of the car in the affected areas appear dull and rough to feel and the soot/dust/grim whatever would not budge from a soap wash , brutal clawing with finger nails dis lodges one or two of it.

I suspected that the cleaning was not done in a complete manner and polish or a cleaning agent was applied and left as it is before delivery which caused such as shabby look to appear due to driving in the dusty mount road.

Upon inquiring the service guys from whom i got the cleaning done, rejected my ideas and say that some one some where might be doing a paint spray job and that would have come in the air and has settled down evenly across all areas. Even a child or a teenager can make out from the explanation given by him how fake it was and how irresponsibly he was answering for not taking the blame. I was even more shocked when he bargained to rectify the whole problem for a additional cost of 2500 Rupees.

I have decided not to go to him for my lifetime here after. But i cannot leave the problem as it is. I shall post pics of my affected Punto shortly, i am terribly disappointed, i expect support from you guys at this juncture. Thanks in advance.
    Sriram.R
    Punto MJD - Feb 2012 model.
    BNW.

DSCN0104.jpg DSCN0105.JPG DSCN0103.jpg DSCN0102.JPG DSCN0101.JPG
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is heart breaking.
    I would give a suggestion. try it at your own risk.
    Put a few drops of nail polish remover solution on cotton and rub thorougly on the affected areas. Before trying this, first test this somewhere which is not so easily visible, such as lower bumper portion and see the result. Try this on other portions only if the result is satisfactory.

For your information, I have done this on my car(minimal grey), and found it very effective in cleaning dirt or any secondary layer on the factory paint and polish. Once a no-problem bike hit my car's rear lower bumper, leaving his black color on my car. I could clean it effectively using this method. It didnt damage the paint.
    Yours being BNW(non-metallic color), I cant say how effctive it would be.
    Please remember that such chemicals are not to be used for day-to-day cleaning, and should be only used for removing stains etc.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Does look like paint-spray. The "detailing" dude is not telling the entire story for sure.

Before you take matters in your own hands, i suggest you get in touch with an experienced painter guy. He can recommend what to do. Maybe he can simply polish the overspray off or use any other agent.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Does look like paint-spray. The "detailing" dude is not telling the entire story for sure.

Before you take matters in your own hands, i suggest you get in touch with an experienced painter guy. He can recommend what to do. Maybe he can simply polish the overspray off or use any other agent.

Cheers.
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Similar dirt marks, scratches appeared on my car after a trip where I drove on highways with lots of road construction going on in the stretch.
    I had several dots on my car which caused by tar particles. I asked in SC and they said it will cost 2.5k to do a surface cleaning/polishing.
    I used Mr. Muscle :) grease cleaner liquid in small qnty and with a soft towel cleaned it. Though it was tedious job but I could clean the same.
    I was careful and tried in a small area first then touched the bonnet etc.

Does these spot have kind of oily spread ? Looks like tar marks to me.
    Also there are other better Cleaning Liquids available in market for these kind of dirt for DIY cleaning tasks.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012