1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will recommend that get this job done from a Professional.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    If you want to do it of your own, clay-bars would do the job . Nothing wrong in giving a try. It will not be a waste of money. You can use these clay-bars in future also for doing a thorough clean up of your car.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Recommend contacting Carz Spa in Nandanam or Bosch Car care in Vadapalani. Both are thoroughly professional in my books.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hai Anandh
    Finally i got the isssue solved with your help,i have attached the snaps.
    received the combi switch from KAVA auto through courier.. straight way i took the pandit and got it fitted there at no cost:) (as under warranty).after fitting the switch ,found that it was faulty,when i start the ignition key the rear wiper use to start and remains ON for 30 Secs and stops as i was planned to trip and was getting late hence managed with that problem for 2 weeks,after 3 weeks i called up KAVA auto and asked for the replacement about the combi switch as it was under faulty,immidiately next day he couriered the another combi switch and asked me to check once again both the switches and return me the faulty,i never expected such treatment ,100 thanks to KAVA Auto.now everything working fine.

Copy of IMG_1190.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. Hi Ganges, good to know that your problem was resolved. Yes, this is one aspect specific to Kava, you can always count on them and they will not let you down.
  6. ravindra

ravindra

Chennai
    Thanks everyone, Cinju is clay-bar easily available in automobile shops in chennai
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    rubbing polish may also do the trick. try it once. get a 3M finnesse it compound and with a cotton rag/ microfibre towel rub the portions that are sprayed with this paint. you can do it easily at home.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ravindra it should be available with some high-fi shops . I usually buy it online. I had PM you the details of some online shops.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

@ravindra: Ciniju is right - first use clay bars with a good lube to cut the spray paint. IF claying does not cleans the paint fully, use a good medium cut polish (may be strength 3 or 4) and then follow it up with a good coat of wax.

You can buy a single clay bar or a full set. Clay bars can be used to clean your windshield also, so it is a worthy investment.
  10. ravindra

ravindra

Chennai
    Thank you for the inputs. I shall try clay-bar and let you all know about the results. If possible I shall post before / after photos for the benefit of all. Let me try with a small patch and depending on the result I can extend it.