1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Fiatfanboy

Fiatfanboy

Mumbai
    I have a similar issue with Punto.
    While i was drinving on Mumbai-Pune expressway, I was adjusting the steering colum n while locking it tight, my hand slipped n hit the indicator lever n it broke.
    Somehow managed to fit it n get the lights working.
    Only issue is cannot switch to High beam.

N we all know how strong are Puntos low beams....
    Cheapest plastic i ever saw. N i thought Suzuki was cheap.

Overall i love my car but it starts falling apart.
    Even the parcel tray holder near the beam is coming off...
  2. my indicator stalk seems to have some problem..
    if my steering is a little to the right and i want to puttheindicstor to left, it would not happen, it is more like i feel there is some sort of resistance and i might break the thing.

need advice from the gurus here
  3. Fiatfanboy

Fiatfanboy

Mumbai

Could u pls provide me the details of Kava Automobiles. Where is it located....
  4. ajay.sarin

ajay.sarin

New Delhi
    Front headlight back cover missing in fresh GP...another shocker

Hi Guys,

Have purchased my GP on 12-oct, and yesterday, went to TASS for car washing, and to my surprise, front right hand headlight caught mositure all around:eek:...on asking the service engr, he assured me that he will replace the headlight, under warranty.

Now when he opens the light, he didn't found some back cover, and said that this will not be covered under warranty, as it may have fell down, while vehicle is with you. I tried my level best to explain him, that how i can be responsible for something which is so inside in the headlight and what kind of fitting you guys have made, which results in such a easy fell off.

So I am here again, bitten by the bad service from Fiat, and getting myself ready for another mail chain and escalation :sad1
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    thats sad. well just do one thing. ask him to remove moisture properly. can be done by blowing air. then throw a 50rs note on his face and ask him to give the rubber. and put it.
  6. ajay.sarin

ajay.sarin

New Delhi
    yeah...but due to mositure, i am feeling the light is having little blackish inside....it is not bright looking as compared with LHS one :(
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    ASS might have replaced some bulb during PDI and forgot to put the back cover.
    If you would have hit something the light should have broken instead of cover falling down.
    Speak to Workshop Manager of your ASS if it doesn't help last resort is mailing fiat india
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Ajay , what kind of a cover are we talking about . Do you have a pic of the cavity , i.e without the cover ??? So we can understand whats missing . GO to one of the fiat body work centres and ask them for headlights that were replaced for accident cars and get the cover that you need . Or if you dont get them let me know . I have the spare headlights from my car accident . They are all intact except the nut bolt grooves . So if I find the cover on mine I'll send it to you (ofcourse shipping charges are on you )

And dont worry about the moisture , it will go away in sometime , dont wash the car again till you get the cover .
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @ajay.sarin, i have a plan to play game here! :p
    As italia-linea said above, do pay to your SA & get it back proper as stock condition & after that go to diffent service centre & aske them to replace it under warrenty! Because new centre wont be knowing history of your headlamp unit. If headlamp gets smoked or having moisture in it, these people do give replacement.
    Try it, i strongly believe it'll work. You will have your head lamps as stock codition again.