1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Total loss means that vehicle is beyond repair and you'll be paid the IDV (Insured value as per your policy note) - 5-10% of IDV. As I said earlier pictures can help, But hearing what you've typed I believe the chassis took a strong hit and the cost of repair is close to 85% and hence they want you to go for total loss. I hope you have been clarified on this, What's the Insurance company you are dealing with.
  2. Rajeevlama

It's futuregenerali. My Punto is just six month old. I bought it on 2nd Feb 2011.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

If they are calling it total loss, ask them to come and settle the accounts. Probably you would lose 5% of your cars cost, rest will be paid to you. That is if you paid 6L for your car, you can expect 5,50-5,70 since its just 6months old. Call up there suppport center and tell them if they are not going to resolve this you will take legal actions.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Also, try to talk to some senior people in your service center and request if they can expedite anything with insurance company.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Sorry to hear about this. But you have been well advised. Note the points given by Teky and Viny and follow the advice from Ravi.

Find out what is the current status of the claim. Once the insurance surveyor has assessed the damages and photos taken, the service center has to give an estimate of the repair to the insurance company. Based on that and the report from the surveyor the insurance company decides if it is to be considered for repairs or as TL.

Good luck.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Did the service center guys give you an estimate of the repair. first they need to give an estimate to insurance company/you. If the estimate is more than 75% of the IDV then the car is eligible for total loss. As others have said, speak to senior guys in the service center, CRM and senior body shop guys.
    Even if the estimate is less than 75%, I would say try your best to claim total loss by negotiating with senior guys there.
    Reason: With such a major repair the car will never never become like new. minor niggles will always keep popping up.
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Usually total loss claims take some time to settle. The local guys will not have the power to sanction that much amount and it has to go up the top folks in the insurance company. Try and escalate the issue and keep track of your complaints / responses. They might come handy in case of any legal issue. Also, if it delays a lot try reaching out to Insurance Ombudsman.
  8. lilmonk

lilmonk Timido

Issue with the paint finishing on my new BNW MJD 1.3 GP

I have discovered a shocking issue with the paint job on my BNW GP(bought on 3rd July 2011) :(

I am wondering how missed this during my PDI.
    But I am sure that I did a pretty good PDI and at that time this problem was not visible, I guess the polishing on the car was concealing the defect and now it came out after a few washes. !! :eek::(:mad::mad:

I dont know if the dealer and my SE hid this deliberately or whether they were just unaware of this!!!

Anyway I want to know if this(pics attached) can be claimed under the Paint warrenty and got repainted.
    Considering the super high quality paint finish usually given by FIAT, I am also a little worried whether the dealer can give a same quality paint finish !!

Disappointing to find such defects on a brand new car :confused: :cry:
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Mate, seems like you did not attach the pictures. waiting eagerly for the pictures.
  10. lilmonk

lilmonk Timido

Here are the pics.

sorry for the quality of the pics.

2011-09-17 18.12.44.jpg

2011-09-17 18.13.12.jpg

2011-09-17 18.14.27.jpg

2011-09-17 18.15.26.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2011