1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Hi Ganges, please contact Mr. Vijaysheth of Kava Auto @ +919833606750. Most members of PUG get spares from Kava.

@Karan, not only FIAT, the combination switch for the Ambassador too comes as a whole assembly. I do not think that any manufacturer provides a single stalk.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

True, Anandh - but in case of Ambassador, we have lot of options to choose from, and there is always your friendly neighborhood electrician who can do some jugaad to help you to save cost.

You are never at the mercy of ASS to spent insane amounts - you can choose what kind of or which stalk \ combination switch you want and can haggle over the price at different spare parts shops - total control to the owner.

I only wish if we had choices of spares like we have for Amby.

PS: From reading the posts, I am under the impression that the whole combination switch unit (comprising left and right stalks) needs to be replaced. If i do not understand this correctly, please correct me. Thanks.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  3. Hi anoop. I completely agree with you on the amby, but then what I actually meant to say was that whatever the car maybe, the combination switch has to be replaced as a complete set. That is how it has been designed by all the manufacturers.

Me too wish the same, but that is the beauty of the Amby which makes it really special. My 64 amby has spares from most car's. It has engine from TATA, switch gear from Maruti and so on. :)
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

True - that is the beauty of Amby. You will never get stuck with that car - there will be some Jugaad which will make sure that you can reach next mechanic.

I had a 1984 Amby and I still feels sad when i think about her - It is really sad that i sold her :(
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Last OT post: I never knew you were that H14. Have seen and read that whole thread. I think it is better we stop the OT discussion :)
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Anand for the details.... today i'll give a call.. and let you know....:)
    anoop,karan thanks for sharing your experiences...
    eventhough thread hijacked::pP... something gained... ;) :ugeek:
  7. Rajeevlama

Rajeevlama

I need help for my punto MJD EPK - Met with accident

Hello everyone,
    I m Rajeev lama and have just joined team fiat club. Unfortunately before joining team fiat I met with an accident while driving on highway. Not an head on collision but underneath. I was driving around 120-145 KMP and suddenly there was a fallen pillar size around 1x1(reinforced one) and about 2 to 2.5 m in length. By the time I could realize that I drove it straight into it. The whole underneath of the car is damaged. Right from the chamber to the housing, alloys and so many stuffs I can hardly remember now. But the body is still intact nothing happened. The air bags came out and I was saved. Thanks to fiat for saving my life. I bought the Punto from Gosh Brothers Guwahati, Assam. I towed the car and now it's in the garage. The problem now is that the insurance is not doing anything. The surveyor is not taking any interest and he says it's a big problem I need some time. The photgraphs were take the next day of the accident. It's almost a month now and nothing has been done. Yesterday I called him up and told me the same thing that he has been telling me ( I will try this sunday, monday and so on). I don't have any ideas about the insurance. Can someone please suggest me and help me out as what should I do so that the problem is solved at the earliest as I want to drive my punto again.
    I would really appreciat if some one can guide me about the insurance problem.
    Rajeev lama
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Sorry to hear about the accident Rajeev. Thank god for keeping you safe.

Post the accident did you try and contact the Insurance company about the incident. I hope you had done that you've some sort of tracking number against it. Apart from trying to speak with your surveyor did you get a chance to speak with the customer care of the Insurance company. If you haven't done it yet, I will recommend you doing that.

Also please post pictures of the car since we can possibly assist on assessing the damage.
  9. Rajeevlama

Rajeevlama

Hey Superiore,
    Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. I have have contacted the customer care and I do have a tracking no. What I feel is that the insurance company is taking no interest. They just told me that it can be a case of total loss. I don't know a bit of it what total loss is? Does he mean to say that I wont get anything?????.