1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. chrome sorround

hi,
    Happy to announce that we are taking delivery of a Fiat Linea dynamic this Diwali.The colour chosen is Hiphop black
    As you all know this variant doesnt come with full chrome sorround(only grill is crome),I would like to know if its possible to retrofit chrome sorround-(rubrails+ window sorround+door handles) by replacing the body coloured rub rails and door handles?

The sales agent says its not possible to do this,but i m not convinced as the process seems to somewhat easy....

thank you
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: chrome sorround

Hi. Welcome to TFI and congrats. :)
    It is possible. Visit the service center and talk to the service advisor. Ask him to order it from Fiat and you can get it installed.
  3. Re: chrome sorround

thanks for the quick reply,will check that out....
    also will linea take a 2 DIN system without any cutting or modifications?
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

No. The center console needs to be modified to do this.
    Any specific reason for 2-DIN HU? Do you want a 2-DIN that can show video on the faceplate itself?

My personal viewpoint only:
    I think stock HU looks cool as it integrates well with the center console.
    Better to spend on a GPS device. Looks cool+ is of some utility.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

hey congrats. thomas i own a dynamik pk variant and even i was so fascinated by the chrome on the emotion. i badly wanted all that chrome. i had inquired about the chrome parts and they are as follows
    1. bumper chrome costs around 1800 each. so 11k for the set of 4.
    2. the strip in the middle of the door also costs 2000 each so 12k for the set of 4
    3. the window beading has to be changed with the chrome ones which is around 500 each so around 2000 for that.
    labor to be charged differently
    all these chrome stuff costs. upgrading to emotion wud make better sense then getting all these things done after buying.
    but i found out a fantastic substitute in mumbai. i got an imported chrome strip roll in mumbai which is really good quality and looks great on my car. it really looks nice and one cant say from a distance thats its not an emotion variant. but u will have to work on the measurements and stick it urself. i will post some pics soon. it made me very satisfied as i always envied the emotion owners. and it will look a killer on ur black.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Congratulations and best wishes on your purchase of Linea. Happy and safe driving in your Linea, thomasjude47.
  7. Re: chrome sorround

wow i should have opted for some light colour :cry: ..i feel chrome is a must for black and flamenco red..
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

But, Linea looks awesome in these colors even without chrome. With chrome, you can say that it is like decorating a bride with jewelery. :lol:

You have selected one of the best color for Linea. If you want VFM alternative to chrome, get the chrome fitted from outside as done by Mr Desai. These chrome strips should be available.

9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Thomas, congrats and welcome to TFI. Where in TVM?
  10. Re: chrome sorround

got the car today....yes sunday

PB070202 [1024x768].JPG