1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    yes me too having same problem for last one year after the change to second set of wipers. May be the wiper rubbers they give for the spares are old and have lost life. Fiat needs to address this issue. many are silently suffering.

Abdul
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    The useful life of a wiper is 1 year. After that the performance deteriorates rapidly. Change your wipers every year. Bosch ones might be available outside(Not the aero twins that FIAT uses on Linea and Punto)
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I too have faced this issue of vibration, but occasionally. One day you will have it and next day for no apparent reason, it will disappear on its own. Also as bhai said, it is more prominent during short spells of rain.
  4. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I had kept the old wiper in my boot (I had replaced it as it was one year old). When I replaced the new one with the old one, there was no vibration problem!

The vibration in new one goes with sufficient quantity of rain water / when glass is smooth.

Is the quality of new wiper rubber to be blamed?
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For me the problem surfaces only when I use it continuously for 5-10 mins in heavy rain. When I use them continuously, the friction between the windscreen and the wiper increases and it starts making vibration as well as noise. The noise out of frcition is irritating, to say the least.
  6. @Fiatlover, i am facing the EXACT same problem as you are facing.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Even i was facing issues with my wiper till yesterday but fixed it with a DIY.
    the problem was with wiper vibrating somewhere in the middle of the windscreen and then making a small squeak either on the top or the bottom of the windscreen just before changing direction. My friend suggested this and it seems to have worked for me.

Buy a sand paper and rub it slightly on the wiper blades from top to bottom wash wiper blades thoroughly and then use it again.
  8. Shadowfax, I appreciate your response, can you please post complete steps with pictures in DIY section on how to do it, i bet many would overdo sanding and it might result in more damage.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yaar that was a risky thing which you did.An uneven rub would spoil the blades. For the sand paper, what rating have you chosen. We are actually rubbing off the wiper rubber and making the surface smoother.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Haze is very minimal in all FIAT cars..Try out a LOGAN in rainy season, you'll feel the wipers are just awesome! :D