1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. I am also facing this exact same problem after replacing the wiper blades, i suspect that it is due to the wiper arm bolts not properly calibrated.
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I don't agree with the comments on OEM wiper blades quality and life. My Punto has completed two years and I'm still on the OE blades. No issues at all. You need to ensure that the blades are lubricated once in a while so that they don't end up getting dry and hard in our extreme weather conditions. I've always mixed suitable wash/wipe fluids available in the market and avoid using plain water in the reservoir. You need to use the wiper blades frequently to ensure the rubber doesn't deteriorate.

@Maverick: The installation is faulty. Get it corrected.
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Innovative Design for Longest Life

Bosch Aerotwin - redefined innovation with a design combining optimal wiping efficiency with maximum convenience.

The advantages at a glance:

Superbly effective, even at high speeds and under critical conditions

Evodium flex rails custom-designed for ideal performance in each individual vehicular application.

Balanced force distribution and optimal aerodynamics to clear every portion of the swept range with unexcelled efficiency
    Enhanced convenience

Minimum wiper-induced wind noise thanks to reduction in aerodynamically exposed surface area

Improved winter performance, with no ice formation on joints and metal frames

Innovative Multi-Clip connection for ultimate ease in blade replacement – covers four different wiper arm types, used by major car brands like BMW, Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Volvo, VW

Innovative design from Bosch

The perfect marriage of form and function

Elegant and extremely planar styling replaces joints and frame braces

Integral aerodynamic spoiler

Extended service life

Even distribution of application force inhibits uneven wear

This balance also enhances resistance to insects and stubborn dirt

Tried and tested Twin dual-component technology for wiper blades

PS- Even my wipers have lasted for two years and still going on with no problems .

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  4. ajit_nair_77

@Dilip and @nkapoor777: Yes i totally agree with you, the wiper blades should last for some time and not a few months. MANU had suggested waxpol to be used, do you have any other product in your mind. I have been using armorall diluted with water. When i use it the problem is not there till the soapy water is there on the glass after which the problem starts once again.
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    ^^^ Yes Ajit, I am currently using waxpol solution. Earlier I was using Sonax which I picked up from TASS.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  6. Yes maverick... i have been facing this problem for almost 4 months now and another two GP's which had come to the service centre also faced this problem and i enquired from the SE and he told me that best solution was to clean the glass with white toothpaste, in which the glass becomes smooth afterwards and if still problem persists then to get the wiper changed
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

@Dilip that's an excellent piece of information. Thank you . Anybody who have replaced the wiper blades with Bosch rather than going for OEM ?? How much does the bosch blades cost ?
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

cinju oem blades are manufactured by bosch

I too faced this problem, cleaning it with Mr. Muscle and changing wiper blades cured it. (Don't know exactly which solution worked for me)

Wiper blades price have gone up now it costs 1200/- for Linea
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Vijay.. if it is made by Bosch, I think it will be available outside with lower price.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes ! I am also experiencing this.
    But I noticed that vibration of right side wiper goes off after some long time of rain.
    If there is small amount of rain then wiper vibrates. If there is vast amount of rain for long time then vibration goes off. In addition to that I am getting half circled line because of upper end of right wiper.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011