1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    Try this http://www.waxpol.com/html/windshieldcleaner.htm. I am using it for last 2-3 months , it works better than normal shampoo and colin.
    Dilute with water and fill in the wiper container

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. TJet, finally what did you do for the scratches ?
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    These scratches are very light, should go on polishing!
  4. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I faced similar problem and using shampoo solved to some extent.

However, I changed my Punto's wipers 2 weeks back and I have noticed some problem. The right wiper (long one) during the cleaning action vibrates, seems as if the gliding motion is not smooth and due to friction its vibrating. After I sprinke the shampoo based water from the wiper tank the wiper motion is stable for some time and again it starts vibrating.

The glass is cleaned though, no issues in that. Its just the vibrating motion of wiper is making me nuts as I replaced the pair for 1000 Rs just two weeks back.

Anyone noticed this?
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ Ajit .. are you facing something similar as shown in this thread ?? Click here.
  6. Cinju bhai..
    I am facing exactl the same problem as you have shown in your snaps.

I dont understand what could be the possible reason for this.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Even I am not sure of the issue here . My assumptions where
    1) The car wash which I was using, it is a wash & wax thing. The wax, was it creating any stain ?
    2) I was using a single sponge for cleaning my whole car (excluding wheel rims). Can it be any kind of stain from this ?
    3) I am using a rubberized product for removing water from the car body after car wash. The same was used for windshield. Could that be a reason ?
    Solution
    I have applied Formula 1 liquid rubbing compound on the windshield and did light rubbing on the glass. It gave me excellent result. There is some kind of stain on the glass which is not visible with our naked eye which forms a layer on the windshield and causes this problem. Now I am using plain water & banyan waste for cleaning the windshield and dry it out with newspaper. It's been almost 1 1/2 months since I did this and so far no problems.
    Cleaning Instructions
    1) Clean the windshield with plain water and dry it properly.
    2) Pour some rubbing compound to a soft banyan cloth or equivalent and rub in a circular motion with light pressure.
    3) After a couple of circular motion, you will slowly get a smooth gliding feel which shows that the stain is being removed.
    4) Clear the residue with a clean cloth and wash the windshield once more. Make sure that not even a very small quantity of paste remains on the windscreen. If it remains, it will damage your wiper rubber.
    5) Best option is to apply in a small area on the passenger side and check the result . Perfection can be achieved only with practical experience.

Good Luck :)
  8. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    @Cinju : Yes somewhat the same thing, the difference being that i get this all over the surface glass, where the wiper blade has made the contact. This morning, i noticed that even while using the sprinkler i saw the same phenomenon. Also, i do see spots of clean glass within the haze as well and it does become really irritating.
    BTW as a note i had got my windshield replaced along with the wiper blade on my TJET (4 months old) because of a manufacturing defect on the glass.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is the issue with your new windshield ? if yes what was the defect with your earlier windshield ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
  10. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    The factory fitted windshield had a spot on it, with a lot of running around with the dealer and then raising the matter with Mangesh from Fiat, they refitted the windshield and also changed the wiper blades as well since the blades were having a stutter while cleaning. This problem started off a few days back as my car was out in the open with heavy rains lashing this part of the country. Driving at night really becomes a pain, though it is tolerable during day time ( if its not raining like cats and dogs).