1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. anti rust spray to fix a loose beeding?
    this is ridiculous.
    get the beeding aligned properly. thats all.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    He might not have meant the 'rust off' spray mate, there is another spray imported by pidilite for protecting plastic, metal, rubber , everything which cost around 250. That is usually sprayed if there is difficulty in moving up the window 'because of dust or anything like that' . In this case, as glass is coming out of track , it i better to get it to the svc, they ll re align it.
  3. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    Wiper haze on windshield

An observation over a few days, when ever i turn my wiper on at low/medium/high speed the wiper blades creates a haze over the front windshield.
    It really gets critical when there are heavy rains and the wiper is used continuously. Does anybody know what the problem might be? It is definitely not condensation as i see this problem only when the wiper blades are used.
    I use the cleaning solution which is diluted along with the dispensing water holder for the wiper.
    Even when there aren't any rains i see the same issue when water is dispensed for cleaning the class. Initially i thought that my wiper blades weren't clean for which i did clean then properly, but the problem still persisted?
  4. Hi Ajit..
    Even i am also facing the same problem... it will be great if someone can assist us on this.

also when it rains heavily both the orvms get very cloudy due to water settling.. i mean you have to open the window and then u have to wipe it..
    is there any other solution for this??
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I uses to face it but since I have started putting shampoo mixed with water the problem has been resolved

Harmony & Choas
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    ajit
    time to change the wiper blades
  7. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    Hi Vijay,
    These are brand new OEM wiper blades, which are being used for 4 months. Do you think its that early to change it ?
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The FIAT supplied OEM blades work fine for the first six months or so, but is not very effective after that. I had to replace mine in last sept. Now even before completing one year, I fear I have to replace mine again. And the OEM ones (FIAT genuine spare Part, made in germany) costed Rs.800 when I replaced it last time.
  9. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    @fiatlover: if that is the case, then in my opinion it is way to bad to keep replacing a part so often (this is with regards to the maintenance cost) Do you know of any way to prolong the life of these blades.
  10. i dont hibk this will be the case coz i dont see it forming everytime i drive in rain and i got tbhe delivery of my car day before yesterday only