1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Even I had this so called tiny white spots. But what I felt is we are noticing it mainly because the color being dark. But this is not at all a serious issue and my solution was to do a light rub with a rubbing compound.Even a good wax polish may also clear this off. There is technically no chance that it happens only in TW as all the cars are treated equally and painted in the same paint booth (Those who had visited the factory can confirm this..)
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Please post some pics where the dots are visible clearly
  3. Thats the same with my punto even.I have tiny white spots on my rear bumper.I tried silicon base polish and carnauba wax as well but was unable to remove them.I had these while taking the delivery.May be i should try flexing my muscles so that i can buff better:lol:
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  4. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai

Hi, it tried washing with plain water and put on Waxpol hard pastewax.But still i didn't see any results.I am planning to polish it with Sonax auto polish this week end.
  5. make it a point to wipe your car with a dry cloth after a wash.
    never let it dry by its own.
    hard water has the property to leave strains after washing.
    Earlier our TW linea too had these dots after a wash.
    I went for polish with Amway Silicone Glaze and it disappeared.
    Thereafter i have been wiping car with dry cloth after it gets wet and since then it has gone
  6. after polishing with silicone glaze

IMG0093A.jpg

IMG0096A.jpg

IMG0092A.jpg
  7. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai

Thanks dieselmania for the update.I will also try polishing it with Silicon glaze this week end and let you know the results.I use Microfiber cloth to wipe and dry the car after a wash.This might be due to wash done by water service guys.

I envy the way of maintaining your beauty:)
  8. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Hi,
    Got it fixed at service center.They did some anti rust spray and said that would fix it.
    Now m planning to buy a bottle of anti rust myself.
    Thanks,
    Srijit
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Best option to avoid this situation is air pressure. Whenever you take your car for washing, ask washer to apply air pressur on the bidding. This will remove dust and you will not face this issue again.

This is am saying on basis of my exp.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    RollingICE thanks for sharing the information.