1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got a few scratches too, wiper marks, when I was on a week drive I was lazy to clean the windshield and put wiper-wash every now and then and resulted in 2-3 arcs on the windscreen. Any one please?
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    No for both forat least 1st three years!!!!

When I was taking delivery of my Linea, one guy suddenly appeared and explained me the importance of Teflon coating and Antirust underbody coating. Daringly he said only Tata cars comes with this coating and not FIATs. Then he gave me one chit with stamp and address for 1st free Teflon body and 3M antirust coating and then 2 more coatings after 3 months and 6 months with Total 5500/-. Thanx to TFI. when I started with longform of PTFE, patented by Dupont, See the mudguards already some black rubbery like material is there etc etc., he just vanished from the scene within few seconds....:D
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  3. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I had read on team-bhp about how the teflon coating is such a waste of money, and how it can crack in the heat and spoil the look of the car. So I was in no mood to get it done even for free when I bought my new TJet.
    And guess what? My dealer did it free of charge without informing me along with the PU coating that he had promised me at the time we closed the deal!
  4. Big NO for both.

Now a days all cars comes with factory treated body coating. Its actually a myth that sale persons of auto industry has created! Also don't go for it if offered as freebie - if not done properly it could have adverse effects (I belive teflon needs 3 coating and not sure whether for freebie offer they do this properly)
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    hello guys, One thing that I have noticed is that driving to close to heavy vehicles like trucks and buses tends to cause small pebbles to fly up . When these pebbles strike the windshield at high speed they have sufficient momentum to chip of the windshield and cause small scratches. This I noticed a few days back in my car while driving behind a truck at around 80km/hr..i heard a "tunk" sound from the windshield. On checking back I found a tiny portion of the windshield chip off. These pebbles have high speed and also cause scratches on the bonnet as well.. I am just wondering if there is any coating or film on the windscreen that can prevent this. Do sunfilms help , by providing a binding ? Can any one throw light on this.
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Windshield experts.....

http://www.windshieldexperts.com/

They will take care of scratches and pebble marks on your windscreen.
  7. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Front drainage grill near bonnet[under a plastic trim] filled with tree leaves.hw to?

Ther was a heavy rain today in bangalore.My car was parked in the open.When i wemt to my car it was filled with tree leaves and small flowers like stuff fallen from trees.In a hurry i poured water to clear off all the tree stuff from the front glass but all of the stuff settled under the plastic trim near the bonnet which has a grill structure underneath the plastic trim.! :eek:I heard that the drainage grill underneath the plastic trim shud not be blocked or else water will enter the car and settle under the floor mats.How far is this true?.Any methods for removing the tree stuff under the plastic trim?.Waiting for ur replies.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had parked my car in the rain for about half an hour last week and when I started, there was some screeching sound from inside the bonnet, probably beacause the timing belt got wet (?). It was still raining then. I revved once and it was gone. After reaching home, I opened the bonnet and checked, couldnt find anything unusual.
    Does it mean water can get inside the engine bay if parked in the rain?
  9. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

@fiatlover no its not the case,I just heard that if the front drainage grill is blocked then water might enter under the floor mats.I dont know how far is this true or was it just the case with old cars.