1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Re: Silencer got hit from below. Exhaust leak, any ideas wha

Dont go for temporary measures. It will surely give away. Try to get arc welding done through a local tinker guy if you want to spend less.
  2. rajatoswal

rajatoswal

Vadodara

Can anyone suggest any specific sealant?
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum

I 100% agree to what Arun had said...Don't go for any sealants. Best alternate option would be to get it welded. Sealants may work..but in the long run it would create problems as too much of heat is generated in the silencer.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

try claming it in insurance
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore

::OO
    No NO NOOOoo....

Arc welding is not a solution, you would need to go for a GAS Welding... they use Brass Rods to seal off any gaps in the metal...

Arc welding would knock off your battery & electronic components, hence incase GAS Welding is not an option then ensure you disconnect the batteries
  6. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore

I am restoring my old Fiat so I am literally confused! Doing all sorts of welding on it.

YES, GAS WELDING it is. ::D
  7. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Re: Minor scratch On Punto

Hi, Does anybody has Perla Champagne color Linea? I want paint for it, but i dont see it on compaint site.Is there any other source to get the paint?
  8. Bonnie

Bonnie

Re: TEFLON COATING and ANTI RUST YES or NO?

ITS A BIG NO for both , I have checked the anti rust treatment in my Linea its gud enough, Teflon is a Dupont product very good but not for india,

Burn some calories polish & wax your car frequently and achieve a better shine everytime..Cheers!!!
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: TEFLON COATING and ANTI RUST YES or NO?

No. I had gone with my Linea to Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, for AC upgradation recently. When the SA was preparing the job card, another person materialised from nowhere and started inspecting my Linea. Then, he advised me to go in for paint protection and underbody anti-rust treatment for my Linea. I said, 'No thanks, my Linea has already got them'. Even my previous vehicles MS Omni/Versa did not have them, but were free from rust till they left me. IMO, these treatments are not at all required for inland cities, like Bangalore, Delhi, etc.
    1 person likes this.
  10. scratch marks on my windsheild

hello all

My linea has a lot of minor scratch marks on the windsheild..They may be wiper marks, small pebble marks or due to improper cleaning.. Whatever they cause a lot of discomfort at night time and put strain on my eyes

Is there any solution for this? i would love to hear about it.. and if anyone had faced such problem itll be very helful if they give their inputs...

Thanks in anticipation