1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: color closest to sunbeam biege ?

TJetdriver, UI have already tried the honda bold beige. It does work a bit if immaculate care is taken. If not done with proper care, u will leave spots on the paint and it will look like patches.

What kinda scrathes are there. If you could post a picture that would help.

If the scratches are not too deep and only on the surface try a rubbing compound and waxing.
  2. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

I have already ordered :-(

the scratches are not that deep... i just put waxing and rubbed it thoroughly..it is not visible from far.. but u go nearer i can see it.
    let me see.. i will try it on some area which is not visible and then use it on the scratch area.
  3. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

tjetdriver, dnt even try to use compaint for this. It will spoil the look. Use a good rubbing compound and this should go . Compaint, i would only recommend if the complete paint has been taken off, not for minor scratches.
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

dis shud go after polishing ...
  6. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

Any gud rubbing compound you can suggest
  7. rajatoswal

rajatoswal

Vadodara
    Silencer got hit from below. Exhaust leak, any ideas what to

I have a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack.

The car occasionally hits/scrapes through the road due to low ground clearance of the car.

A few weeks back it hit the road badly and a joint in the silencer got bend and now it keeps making an irritating noise while accelerating.

I showed it at the service center. they tried to straighten it and also replaced the gasket which is in the joint.

Since the gasket is made of metal it is not able to seal the joint completely and exhaust gases keep escaping.

What else can be done to reduce the noise?
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: Silencer got hit from below. Exhaust leak, any ideas wha

Use sealant to seal the leak from joint.
    Can you post some pics of the damage done.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

The ground clearance of Punto is 173. Pretty good compared to other vehicles. Do you face the same problem with other vehicles? Is there anty difference in Pick up?
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

i have changed the whole silencer unit when i hit a stone and the silencer got damaged. there was no leakage in my case but the silencer had gone out of shape and was touching the body. got it changed under insurance. total cost was 14000. but for leakages you can try using mseal. i had used it in my uno and it worked great.