1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Re: Strange (?oil) spots on the lower front grill

Not normal. The engine bay should be dry n clean.

The only "oil vapours" from the engine would be from the Crankcase Ventilation. But that is a closed system and the vapours finding their way outside indicates something or the other might be loose.
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

:anyone wat to do nw ?
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

check the plumbing on the intercooler and radiator. whats the color of the oil?
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Yes if the oil is dark black then definately Intercooler is leaky. OR Intercooler pipes are leaky.
  5. jerryruban

jerryruban

Chennai
    Re: Rear Bumper repair

With out any charge :shocked , here in chennai - vst motors to take a dent without any scratches and repainting, they charged me 1000 Rs. Great yaar.
  6. gautham

gautham Novizio

Coimbatore

without any charge - thats awesome. I had the same problem last month, with a driver having his tyre create a dent on the left side of the rear bumper. They charged 2500/- at TAFE coimbatore. One question, did you just get the shape restored? or did they also do a paint job?
  7. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi

Shape restoration & then these guys polished it up. The paint was gone at some portions & there were a couple of deeply etched grease stains, these guys removed it all!!! :)
  8. Re: Rear Bumper repair

Okay, I had my rear bumper ripped out sometime back, when the old taxi amby got to close for comfort on a completely jammed street, the steel bumper of the amby got locked with the plastic rear bumper and as soon as the jam opened up, the two of us went in different directions resulting in the Amby ripping out my rear bumper. The reverse light got dislodged with a couple of minor scratches and major twisting on the plastic bumper.

For once, I went by my gut and took it to a local guy who had ever fixed a Punto bumper. But I told him take time and fix it, poor guy had a hard time locating the number of screws which had to be taken out before the bumper could be repaired. So after 30 mins of effort, the bumper was bought brought back into shape , minor scratches smoothened out and polished, the bumper was back on my car with a perfect fit . I got this done all for 150 bucks ! yupp..I couldn't believe my luck then !
  9. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    color closest to sunbeam biege ?

There is a scratch on my car.
    i am wondering if com-paint will be of any use.it is like some idiot has taken stone and just scratched it.
    if i have to take there is no sun beam biege. so which is the nearest color. i am thinking the honda bold biege will be the neartest.
    what do u say ??
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: color closest to sunbeam biege ?

honda biege the nearest. that wont be noticeable. should go for it.